Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

What kind of world are we living in when Burnleys cb pairing is worth 62M and people are struggling for water in Africa.

"The Premier League will earn £3.2 billion from foreign broadcasters in 2016-19 but has already wrapped up some lucrative deals for 2019-2022 worth between twice and 14 times as much as now."

Remember this excludes SKY/BT, shirt sponsorship and match day revenue.

That is where the money comes from but yeah that's capitalism for you.

Obtuse. I'll give you that.
He's still a significant liability unfortunately

To rest your "Jags is crap and I want him out" mind, here's what RK said about Jags in April, when discussing Keane -

Koeman, who took Jagielka with him to visit the injured Seamus Coleman at home in Donegal this week, said: “Now he is playing again his attitude is perfect! I’m joking but of course it was a difficult situation for him in the beginning of 2017. He wasn’t getting game time and it was difficult. After that he changed his attitude and he accepted, and he could see the different direction the club is going.

“It helps now because I think he’s really performing at his best. It’s all about competition and the performances of the players.

“We don’t have big competition at the moment because we have lost Seamus and Ramiro Funes Mori, two defenders, but if he plays like he is playing now then I don’t have any doubt about Phil. If we qualify for Europe then there will be a different season than this season. We will play Thursday-Sundays and of course in that situation you need and we will get a stronger squad than we have now.”

So there you go, if he stays it'll be as a squad rotation player (if he accepts that role).

That shout about the last 3 seasons? Really?

What kind of world are we living in when Burnleys cb pairing is worth 62M and people are struggling for water in Africa.

That's not really important, but if you tweet something controversial that doesn't actually impact anybody's life, then that causes a right stir......

tenor.gif

Obtuse. I'll give you that.
He's still a significant liability unfortunately

He isn't, at all.

Needs a player with pace next to him, but he still has more than enough in the tank to be a good defender at the highest level, as the second half of last season proved.

Can't - and won't - be a guaranteed starter if he stays, though.

He isn't, at all.

Needs a player with pace next to him, but he still has more than enough in the tank to be a good defender at the highest level, as the second half of last season proved.

Can't - and won't - be a guaranteed starter if he stays, though.

That's the crux of it, if he stays he knows he won't be a 'guaranteed starter'. It's for him to decide if that's ok and he starts moves into coaching, or he moves because he wants to keep playing regularly.
It's not fifa where you can assemble a team on clicks of buttons. Players like him help the transition of new players into the club, just because they're no longer '1st name on the sheet' type players, doesn't mean we should throw away their experience and guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back