Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Baines as a player but he's not the kind of captain to drive a team forward he's just a good lad
that he is for sure...I agree long term but perhaps until Coleman comes back...I think he seconded Jags' recommendation for Coleman to take the band after him so I doubt there would be any issue down the road... My guess is Koeman will share it round until then among senior players...Gareth Barry if he stays though and personally I'd like Jags to stay and see out his contract, enough games to go round

I'd give Williams the armband, a leader, always talking to the team and challenging the ref, plus he's effectively Wales captain, and we haven't done bad with those over the years.

The armband should be given to someone who is good enough to be in the first eleven. Williams is rubbish and will hopefully be replaced this summer.

Although he wasn't as good as expected last season, I think he suffered playing next to the Argentinean Abel Xavier in Funes Mori and Jagielka who rapidly declined last season. With a good solid young defender next to him I think he'll have a good season.

Probably going to divide opinion on this but he's not ready to be a captain still a young man and you will be placing him under a lot of pressure. He's a very good leader and organiser but yet very quiet at the same time. Not confrontational at all and just gets on with playing 90 mins of football you won't hear a peep of misbehaving outside of playing for you although he loves his hair and gets it messed with every odd day at the barbers if you can find him a decent one. Not one to kick a fuss just gets on with the job and willing to learn just hope koeman doesn't make dramatic changes to his game and beds him in properly.

Probably going to divide opinion on this but he's not ready to be a captain still a young man and you will be placing him under a lot of pressure. He's a very good leader and organiser but yet very quiet at the same time. Not confrontational at all and just gets on with playing 90 mins of football you won't hear a peep of misbehaving outside of playing for you although he loves his hair and gets it messed with every odd day at the barbers if you can find him a decent one. Not one to kick a fuss just gets on with the job and willing to learn just hope koeman doesn't make dramatic changes to his game and beds him in properly.

He is very much in the mould of Jagielka. A very professional, loyal and hard working lad. Has leadership qualities but not a captain as such for a team that wants to muscle in on our self-entitled peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back