Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could be about to break our transfer record (with add ons 31m being mentioned) yet there is only 69 pages on the lad. I happen to think he'll be a great buy for the club, I'm hoping the 'supposed lack of interest in this thread' is because fans are too busy discussing other players, not due to a lack of interest in the lad signing for us.

..forwards and midfielders tend to be more glamorous and high-profile signings I reckon.

..forwards and midfielders tend to be more glamorous and high-profile signings I reckon.
They might be, but after Pickford a top quality centre half has been our mean priority this transfer window. He's certainly not glamorous or high-profile, but an excellent addition to the side.

Schneirderlin mert
Whilst i disagree with you on williams, [good player, with terrible partners, felt he came in and sured up our defence, and with a proper pre-season / rest behind him, along side a younger player in keane, i think he'll do much better]

We definitely agree on Schneiderlin. He is the most obvious and best choice, he's a leader on the pitch, probably our best footballer, and he isn't afraid of getting in referees or other players faces. He's at the right age too.

People will say coleman, purely because he's been with us for ages, but Schneiderlins the better option by far imo.

Whilst i disagree with you on williams, [good player, with terrible partners, felt he came in and sured up our defence, and with a proper pre-season / rest behind him, along side a younger player in keane, i think he'll do much better]

We definitely agree on Schneiderlin. He is the most obvious and best choice, he's a leader on the pitch, probably our best footballer, and he isn't afraid of getting in referees or other players faces. He's at the right age too.

People will say coleman, purely because he's been with us for ages, but Schneiderlins the better option by far imo.

I think some confuse passion with leadership. Coleman is as passionate as anyone and he certainly 'gets Everton'. But the lad isn't necessarily a leader in my eyes.

Neville wasn't a superb footballer, but he had passion and he was a leader, I dont think anyone ever thought the was a bad leader really. I see Schneiderlin as the same but with a top footballing ability to go with it (No disrespect to Neville, he was without doubt a good right back).

Also, I prefer captains to be in the centre of the pitch personally.

I agree with all of that except the last line...Schneiderlin might be better but it's hard to know...a few youth players mention Coleman as being welcoming to senior training and supportive...plus he is vocal on the pitch when he needs to be and of course is passionate about Everton and loyal to us...Also Irish captain and well respected by those players...he has it in him to be a great captain alright, but having said that he's out for now and we need to hit the ground running so maybe Schneiderlin who is likely to be the first name on the team sheet would be the right option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back