Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care so much about the prices or net spend or whatever. What excites me the most is seeing we have had an obvious plan in place for some time, and we are executing said plan efficiently and competently. It feels a lot different than in years past.

Yeah I'm enjoying that bit. The way we are doing our business has changed for the better.

I'm 50/50 on Lukaku going just yet J. Just cannot see Chelsea forking out 70 million plus on him, regardless of how much money they have/are backed by.
I'm convinced it has been wrapped up for some time but they learned harsh lessons from the fume when Stones was first out the door last time.

Pff I want some south american nobody for a couple pennies like the good old days

That £31m could go to the Billy K lunch fund ffs

No mate.

You think Burnley would add clauses we cant meet?

It will based be on appearances for Everton, England appearances, if he signs a new contract, things that Burnley can see happening, things that get the dollar bills, not pie in the sky.

Do you think we let them dictate unilateral terms when the lad has 12 months left on his contract and we are publicly linked with Lemos! I appreciate that someone has to temper expectations but you don't have to be dismissive of people's hopes. Ya big grey cloud :p

I'm convinced it has been wrapped up for some time but they learned harsh lessons from the fume when Stones was first out the door last time.

Possibly J but I do doubt it because:

1) I think more would have reported it being done rather than Chelsea still having interest as is being reported atm
2) There would still be plenty of fume if him leaving on July 1st is the bookmarking point to Keane and Sandro joining

There's been money there to be spent and I believe we're finally spending it. These first lot of signings have been more to do with television money and the likes building up for a few windows rather than it being supplemented by a big sale - Lukaku.

Add in the sales of bit part players - Deulofeu for 11, Snively for 8 and the likes of McGeady for minimal plus other bits and pieces, there's still a chunk there where you go; "aye, that's our budget and we've spent it, regardless of Lukaku staying or going."

With them being back Monday, we'll start to know more and get some actual news.

1) I think more would have reported it being done rather than Chelsea still having interest as is being reported atm
2) There would still be plenty of fume if him leaving on July 1st is the bookmarking point to Keane and Sandro joining

There's been money there to be spent and I believe we're finally spending it. These first lot of signings have been more to do with television money and the likes building up for a few windows rather than it being supplemented by a big sale - Lukaku.

Add in the sales of bit part players - Deulofeu for 11, Snively for 8 and the likes of McGeady for minimal plus other bits and pieces, there's still a chunk there where you go; "aye, that's our budget and we've spent it, regardless of Lukaku staying or going."

Chelsea won't have offered enough yet is the only reason I think C.

We've made our position clear. Doesn't matter what Rom says or does, Chelsea need to match the fee.

There's hardly anymore UTD talk and nobody else linked to him. He himself basically said it was agreed to a few weeks back.

July 1st is tomorrow, Lukaku signs for them lot everyone has a fume and then gets distracted with a nice double signing on Monday. Maybe they throw around the record fee tagline as a distraction.

I don't think we have to sell Lukaku to finance these incomings, I do agree with that. I don't think that's a signal of change either though as we have the TV money and still some fees from other sales to cover it.

Do you think we couldn't have signed these players before Mosh walked in though? That's the point I'm at with the "nothing has changed" statement. You've said yourself we wouldn't need to rely on Moshiri's money yet for these signings so what's the change?

Chelsea won't have offered enough yet is the only reason I think C.

We've made our position clear. Doesn't matter what Rom says or does, Chelsea need to match the fee.

Oh aye, correct. And I don't think they will offer the fee, even the minimum fee we're asking.

I know they're ultra rich but I can't see it. Chelsea don't usually mess about when it comes to deals. I think if they really wanted him and wanted this deal done, it would have been signed off on already.

There's hardly anymore UTD talk and nobody else linked to him. He himself basically said it was agreed to a few weeks back.

July 1st is tomorrow, Lukaku signs for them lot everyone has a fume and then gets distracted with a nice double signing on Monday. Maybe they throw around the record fee tagline as a distraction.

I don't think we have to sell Lukaku to finance these incomings, I do agree with that. I don't think that's a signal of change either though as we have the TV money and still some fees from other sales to cover it.

Do you think we couldn't have signed these players before Mosh walked in though? That's the point I'm at with the "nothing has changed" statement. You've said yourself we wouldn't need to rely on Moshiri's money yet for these signings so what's the change?

No J, I don't think we'd have done these signings without Moshiri's injection of cash.

The money we've spent will be a combination of his funding and money built up from sponsor money - the likes and windows where we have been sell to buy and had funds left off.

Oh aye, correct. And I don't think they will offer the fee, even the minimum fee we're asking.

I know they're ultra rich but I can't see it. Chelsea don't usually mess about when it comes to deals. I think if they really wanted him and wanted this deal done, it would have been signed off on already.

No J, I don't think we'd have done these signings without Moshiri's injection of cash.

The money we've spent will be a combination of his funding and money built up from sponsor money - the likes and windows where we have been sell to buy and had funds left off.

It remains to be seen really, that's why I'm not going to say anything has changed until we know for sure where we stand a the end of the summer.

I remain cynical at all times. I got burned last year wanting to believe we bid for Mata and Witsel. Honestly, the net spend amount means nothing to me compared to getting the stadium sorted. Once that's done he can do what he likes really imo.

I'm happy to have signed a center back. I hope he gives us as good service as Jagielka has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back