Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is if we start with two centre backs, it'll be Keane and Jags... If we go with three, then add Williams to the line-up ahead of RFM.

And ideally for me, the starting eleven would be numbered 1 to 11.
There's no way he goes to a back 3 with jags & Williams ever again , after they got destroyed by Liverpool. In a back 3 your 2 wide centre backs have the be comfortable getting dragged to the flank.

Personally I would but another 1st choice centre back preferably left footed who would partner Keane in a 4. If we play 3 at the back I would bring in either Holgate or Galloway keep Williams as 5th choice. Jagielka would be allowed to leave out of respect for the career he's had and Funes Mori isn't good enough for this league but as he's an Argentine international we should still get a reasonable fee.

Personally I would but another 1st choice centre back preferably left footed who would partner Keane in a 4. If we play 3 at the back I would bring in either Holgate or Galloway keep Williams as 5th choice. Jagielka would be allowed to leave out of respect for the career he's had and Funes Mori isn't good enough for this league but as he's an Argentine international we should still get a reasonable fee.

No disrespect mate but Galloway can't get a game at West Brom. Williams will always start ahead of him.

Not sure if this has been posted yet...
upload_2017-7-2_20-33-29.webp

No disrespect mate but Galloway can't get a game at West Brom. Williams will always start ahead of him.

He wasn't suited to Pulis style of play. He's ideally suited to LCB in a 3 as he is left footed and can fill in the wider position if Baines gets caught upfield Williams would not have the pace. In a 3 the only place Williams can play is the middle as otherwise he'll get skinned. One bad loan spell doesn't make a bad player. Harry Kane had a few of them he's doing ok now.

To rest your "Jags is crap and I want him out" mind, here's what RK said about Jags in April, when discussing Keane -

Koeman, who took Jagielka with him to visit the injured Seamus Coleman at home in Donegal this week, said: “Now he is playing again his attitude is perfect! I’m joking but of course it was a difficult situation for him in the beginning of 2017. He wasn’t getting game time and it was difficult. After that he changed his attitude and he accepted, and he could see the different direction the club is going.

“It helps now because I think he’s really performing at his best. It’s all about competition and the performances of the players.

“We don’t have big competition at the moment because we have lost Seamus and Ramiro Funes Mori, two defenders, but if he plays like he is playing now then I don’t have any doubt about Phil. If we qualify for Europe then there will be a different season than this season. We will play Thursday-Sundays and of course in that situation you need and we will get a stronger squad than we have now.”

So there you go, if he stays it'll be as a squad rotation player (if he accepts that role).

That shout about the last 3 seasons? Really?

Yes, really. Been a fine servant, but unfortunately he's past his best and has been for a while, ditto Leighton Baines. There was a reason RK dropped him. That quote above also suggests that RK believed he had a bad attitude, or an attitude that didn't fit with what was required....personally, I wouldn't expect that of a Captain, after all it's his role to motivate etc.

He isn't, at all.

Needs a player with pace next to him, but he still has more than enough in the tank to be a good defender at the highest level, as the second half of last season proved.

Can't - and won't - be a guaranteed starter if he stays, though.

Would any other top 7 team accommodate Jags? I sincerely doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back