2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not what you said. You said you’ve never seen a defender play as bad. There have been many that were far worse unfortunately.

Exactly, even in recent times...

Williams has has worse performances this season.
Distin in his last season.
Antolin Alcaraz
Heitinga had one nightmare of a season.
Philippe Senderos
Lucas Neill
Anthony Gardner (ya, I know he never played... still a worse defender than Michael Keane)
Matteo Ferrari
Per Kroldrup....

And that's just the last 10 years.

Honestly - there were a few games at the start of the season where I honestly would've said Keane settled the fastest of all of our summer signings.... he's had a mare since then but the shambles of a team that he's playing in hardly helps. I won't be writing him off anyway.

Coming to Everton can't make you a bad player. We need to get him back to the way he played at Burnley.. Fat Sam is meant to be some sort of defensive guru, let us see him getting these young defenders defending.

Indeed.

He made it all sound so easy when he sat pontificating on Andy Gray’s TV show, when he first pitched for the job.

From his own mouth, about his system at the club....

“And at some stage there has to be some sort of compromise between the two of you. The system we’ve got at the club is both the director of football and the manager have to sign that player off so for that progress to be made a compromise has to be made and it’s a case of, maybe, the manager taking the lead or the director of football taking the lead and who is most passionate about getting that signing over the line. It’s about bringing that together."

Koeman might have suggested the players, both of them have to sign it off.

And I imagine a system like that is flawed......the one with the strongest or most domineering personality is inevitably going to get his way more often than not.

Antolin Alcaraz
Philippe Senderos
Lucas Neill
Anthony Gardner (ya, I know he never played... still a worse defender than Michael Keane)
Matteo Ferrari
Per Kroldrup....

Honestly - there were a few games at the start of the season where I honestly would've said Keane settled the fastest of all of our summer signings.... he's had a mare since then but the shambles of a team that he's playing in hardly helps. I won't be writing him off anyway.

to be fair none of them cost 25 mill

think keane will come good myself, would start him with Holgate for a few games

to be fair none of them cost 25 mill

think keane will come good myself, would start him with Holgate for a few games

Fair point, but I would still say that £5m on Kroldrup 10 years ago was probably a bigger deal than us spending £25m now.

Regardless, I agree with you. Holgate and Keane would be my first choice partnership at the back right now... will be interesting to see if Funer Mori gets much of a look in when he's fully fit.

It's a tad unfair to be overly critical of the lad, if the talk of his ongoing foot injury are true. This has probably knocked his confidence as much as the teams form, I think he'll come good.

Antolin Alcaraz
Philippe Senderos
Lucas Neill
Matteo Ferrari
Per Kroldrup....

I would have Williams in this team ahead of Keane. every day of the week. Distin? do me a favour
Alcaraz is arguable, but I still think the bunny in the headlights that is MK is worse
Heitinga? yeah sure
Senderos, wasn't great but again, no
Ferrari, LUcas Neill? ridiculous

Fair point, but I would still say that £5m on Kroldrup 10 years ago was probably a bigger deal than us spending £25m now.

Regardless, I agree with you. Holgate and Keane would be my first choice partnership at the back right now... will be interesting to see if Funer Mori gets much of a look in when he's fully fit.

Bilic. Cost a lot of money at the time and was awful for us.

I don't care what he did elsewhere, he seems to get off lightly when we discuss rubbish players for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back