Transfer Rumour Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could warm up to Batshuayi if it's cheap. But at the same time, the issue with getting castoffs from Chelsea is that they are on huge wages. Is he really going to take a big pay cut or are we going to do what we always do, pay way too high of wages to marginally improve our squad? I'd prefer him to Rondon but a fit Rondon (big if) probably isn't much worse to be honest.
He's 28 and in the last year of a contract, so an agent telling him to take a wage cut for more wages overall throughout a contract isn't nuts. Doubt that gets the wages where we want them.

Football in China imploding probably did more to hurt Chelsea than anyone else, as they no longer have a place to bin all the busts they churned and burned off to.

Very depressing. Log in to check rumours. Still see Barkley floating around and now this. So much about wanting to bring in good characters or young hungry footballers. We never learn

That's probably true but we may have to swallow our pride if we want to improve our chances of avoiding a relegation fight.
Noble thought. I offer Fantastic Fabian as an example of signing an abhorrent tosspot who was too good for us in his prime but came and rinsed us of millions doing sweet fa. Avoid at all cost.

Is the problem signing cast offs on long term contracts

Offer them 12 with a view to extend, see how they perform. If they don't want to sign - move on

The ball is in their court, not ours

still think it will be us trying for broja and hate saying it but could end up with him here batshuayi. I would give him a chance if he comes but is he much better than rondon

Seems to be picking up pace. Hopefully his own thread will derail it

Up the toffees

Hoping multiple threads on it doubles the chances of it not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.