Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the suggestion is that the buy-out clause is not clearcut.
In addition there are difficulties between the players agent and the players club.
It seems like a bit of a mess and a mess which it may not be possible to unravel this month....for that reason I think a short term loan for a striker may be a possibility.

I don't get why it is being reported that one of the problems is we will loan him to Anderlecht?
If we had to loan him surely we would just loan him back to Liege and cut some of the transfer fee off? Weird.

It could be a negotiating ploy on our part, the buy out is £7m, we want to pay £5m plus £2m on the drip, accept this or we will pay £7m but it will be £5m of our money plus £2m which we will get by loaning him to your biggest rival.

From what I've heard he's a shoe-in to go to the World Cup with Benteke and Rom, anyway.

You may be right though. It would be highly frustrating though if we did sign him, then loan him out. It's like dangling a carrot over a donkeys face.

I agree mate and I want to sign him now but I'm going off what Kristof Terreur (Belgian Joruno) has been saying.

It could be a negotiating ploy on our part, the buy out is £7m, we want to pay £5m plus £2m on the drip, accept this or we will pay £7m but it will be £5m of our money plus £2m which we will get by loaning him to your biggest rival.

Imagine if Real Madrid came in and said: We´re gonna buy Mirallas and then we´re gonna loan him out to the [Poor language removed] across Stanley Park for the rest of the season. Wouldn´t exactly make us want to be cooperative would it. We´d be better of playing nice me thinks, especially to a club that always seems to to be stocked with young talent which we will want to tap in the future as well as right now.

Imagine if Real Madrid came in and said: We´re gonna buy Mirallas and then we´re gonna loan him out to the [Poor language removed] across Stanley Park for the rest of the season. Wouldn´t exactly make us want to be cooperative would it. We´d be better of playing nice me thinks, especially to a club that always seems to to be stocked with young talent which we will want to tap in the future as well as right now.

Your prob right, but like jrj said why would we not just reduce the fee and leave him at the club he is already playing well at. It's a strange rumour perhaps the souce is Anderlecht to destabalise Leige, who knows?

The analogy would make sense if Madrid offered 30 mil (Mirallas' fictional buyout clause for this example), but said that they would give us 25mil now and 5 mil in installments. If we didn't accept this, they would pay the full buy-out clause amount and loan him to Liverpool. I would be angry if this happened, and for this to work we would also have to assume Madrid simply don't have the cash on hand to pay the full amount this window, but it's not terribly sinister and it seems like a good negotiation technique.

From what I've heard he's a shoe-in to go to the World Cup with Benteke and Rom, anyway.

He has never played for the senior NT. He needs to keep playing well in the coming months to have a chance to make the WC squad. he already isnt very popular with the NT manager after he was suspended for having prostitutes on his hotelroom the night before an important u-21 game. Playing second fiddle to Lukaku pretty much ruins his chance to be in the WC squad

Michy out with a slight knee injury? Could that be the "I'm sorting out a transfer" knee injury?

http://www.footgoal.net/suite.php?selection=97115

The attacker Standard Liege, Michy Batshuayi, injured his knee during the friendly match against Borussia Dortmund. The player has resumed slowly today and should continue normally with the group in the coming days.

Or does that just mean that he now wouldn't pass an Everton Medical - Fer style :dodgy:

Last edited:
Supposedly Liege are looking into buying Bakambu from Sochaux, considering they've got a good amount of strikers already you have to assume that one is leaving..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back