minor things that make you fume

In my experience (dragged to trendy restaurants on the birthdays of millennial family members who see it as trendy and therefore automatically "good") it's just chicken and rice with tasteless gravy. Kind of thing you give to a dog that's suffering a bad gut ... or a millennial who thinks 30 notes for dog food is bangin'. They love to lash back ten quid a go "mocktails" (cordial) as a treat to themselves too.

We've raised an entire generation of dim witted peasants haven't we?
There's nothing left for them. Social media bombards them with the requirement to be thin and pretty and successful - so that's a few lagers at the pub out the window. The clubs and the music have disappeared. It's all tinder lies, and ''facey'' and credit cards and 'influencers'. Technology has raised the last generation, maybe generation and a half and they're lost. Headphones, phone screen, your own little world, this is culture now. It is all so very depressing.

Church has died. There's no trust in politics. There's a general level of animosity and massive distrust and other people are disposable. We're all in a mess.

['Sando's' appear to be a Japanese pronunciation - from San-do-icci - meaning sandwich. Who knew].

There's nothing left for them. Social media bombards them with the requirement to be thin and pretty and successful - so that's a few lagers at the pub out the window. The clubs and the music have disappeared. It's all tinder lies, and ''facey'' and credit cards and 'influencers'. Technology has raised the last generation, maybe generation and a half and they're lost. Headphones, phone screen, your own little world, this is culture now. It is all so very depressing.

Church has died. There's no trust in politics. There's a general level of animosity and massive distrust and other people are disposable. We're all in a mess.

['Sando's' appear to be a Japanese pronunciation - from San-do-icci - meaning sandwich. Who knew].
Totally agree .... other than social media seems to encourage everybody to embrace curves, and normalise eating lots and lots of crap while exercising not a lot and to HELL with anybody who might say "you should look after yourself better" because they're "fat shaming" rather than giving good advice. At least around here that seems to be the case. Pot holes in the tarmac are caused by some of the people crossing the road ffs.

I'm glad I haven't got a mobile phone, it's like a dystopian nightmare when you go out, and see people like zombies, constantly glued to a small screen. No wonder modern youth can barely string together a coherent sentence - the art of conversation is withering on the vine.

Totally agree .... other than social media seems to encourage everybody to embrace curves, and normalise eating lots and lots of crap while exercising not a lot and to HELL with anybody who might say "you should look after yourself better" because they're "fat shaming" rather than giving good advice. At least around here that seems to be the case. Pot holes in the tarmac are caused by some of the people crossing the road ffs.
It has made every day a fashion show, having to strut and show off. Life isn't one long red carpet, there's charlatans out there selling the dream of denial, and when the gullible wake up to it they're angry at wasting their youth and efforts on a load of spit not worth a damn. The lie of entitlement. There seems to be no earning anything anymore, get on tv and sing, or go shagging around on love island, we've just watched two weeks of lifetimes of effort, media in general says don't try just buy cola and some happy pills and it'll be alright. Hard work is to much like effort.

I'm glad I haven't got a mobile phone, it's like a dystopian nightmare when you go out, and see people like zombies, constantly glued to a small screen. No wonder modern youth can barely string together a coherent sentence - the art of conversation is withering on the vine.
Given the sheer volume of (good) posts you make throughout the day, I had assumed you too must have been doing this on a mobile phone.

Now I can only wonder if you're going about your day with an old IBM PC, vga monitor and a clackerty keyboard, powered by NiCad batteries, all piled onto a wheelbarrow.

Given the sheer volume of (good) posts you make throughout the day, I had assumed you too must have been doing this on a mobile phone.

Now I can only wonder if you're going about your day with an old IBM PC, vga monitor and a clackerty keyboard, powered by NiCad batteries, all piled onto a wheelbarrow.
I'm not addicted, I can stop at any time. :lol:
*no idea what that computer gubbins is all about.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back