minor things that make you fume

This stuff.
View attachment 268658
After 4 coats heres how it looks. At this rate it will be 8 coats minimum. Maybe i should do a primer now and start fresh.
View attachment 268659
Here goes.
Looks like you've washed it down.
You need to mix it properly.
Thick pile roller.
An wait for it to dry properly.
Not touch dry,you literally are wiping it off with the next coat.

Here goes.
Looks like you've washed it down.
You need to mix it properly.
Thick pile roller.
An wait for it to dry properly.
Not touch dry,you literally are wiping it off with the next coat.
Yeah it is blotchy in parts and i was trying to figure out why. I mixed with a paddle at begining and throughout and did wait atleast 6hrs between each coat.

Going to do a coat of primer. Is a roller a better option than brush?

Yeah it is blotchy in parts and i was trying to figure out why. I mixed with a paddle at begining and throughout and did wait atleast 6hrs between each coat.

Going to do a coat of primer. Is a roller a better option than brush?
24 hours would be better.
A primer shouldn't be required as its not a painted finish.
Other paints will flake .
I'd use a roller, just worry about the wood face.
If you really want a primer zinser is the best .
Go to a proper paint distributor, independent one not crown or dulux, and ask them,they know their stuff.

Not just a minor fume but just paid out nearly €1000 to repair and re-render the garden wall outside the apartment block. Went out a couple of days ago to find this abomination. (Lucky we still had a bit of the topcoat render/paint left so all is now covered to avoid upsetting any passing children). And the spelling really shows the level of education of Kopites in the area.
redone.jpg redone2.jpg

Hotels and their daft policies.

Booked a hotel in Amsterdam for September, and now I can't go due to work commitments. I've rang both the hotel directly and the company I booked it through so I can see if I can change the dates. Not letting me as it's a non changeable booking. Didn't even notice that when booking, and I've given them plenty of notice as I've been trying now for a couple of weeks. I forked out £1275 and they won't move my dates 😤

So now, it looks like I will be losing out

Hotels and their daft policies.

Booked a hotel in Amsterdam for September, and now I can't go due to work commitments. I've rang both the hotel directly and the company I booked it through so I can see if I can change the dates. Not letting me as it's a non changeable booking. Didn't even notice that when booking, and I've given them plenty of notice as I've been trying now for a couple of weeks. I forked out £1275 and they won't move my dates 😤

So now, it looks like I will be losing out
Hotels are taking the piss these days... the prices have skyrocketed and you are getting less.. in Ireland most places aren't throwing in the breckfast anymore you pay extra for that.

Hotels are taking the piss these days... the prices have skyrocketed and you are getting less.. in Ireland most places aren't throwing in the breckfast anymore you pay extra for that.
Absolute joke mate. Rang them up, there were saying that they can't changed it as the company I booked it through won't let me, then I rang them up and they said that the hotel won't let me 😂 Absolute scumbags

If anyone fancies a trip to Amsterdam in Sept, I have a nice hotel at a good discount 😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back