Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
dreams.gif

So cute looking...

He gets balls forward quickly from deep. Long balls. Buying someone like that is going to cement the "style" of football we currently endure, not eradicate it.

Imagine what we'll look like when Koemans players are in: the GK, the two CBs and Schneiderlin in front of them will be belting it downfield and out wide to a couple of Bolassie types. A nightmare for anyone who cherishes the idea of Everton as a school of science football club that our tradition demands.
A bit like Fabrigas does for costa then.

No mate, I'd say the same about Wanyama. He's not what we need. And Schneiderlin isn't either. We need a creative player to get close to Lukaku.

Koeman won't want that though. He wants the line of attack down the flanks with long balls out to wingers. No frills, no nonsense, no football.
Opposed to what we had to endure last season,I'm not saying you or a few others are not correct about Koeman and at the minute I don't like the football I'm watching but I am prepared to give the man a chance,every other manager we have had has had a decent timescale why not him.

Dave, 'the school of science' stuff saw us finish 11th.

And Schneiderlin is in no way a long ball merchant. If you think so you've clearly seen nothing of him
No mate. The school of science stuff won us titles and cups. When Martinez tried to reopen the method we got our best season performances since the glory days. We saw the approach succeed in bits and pieces of the following two seasons before failing when manager and players couldn't pull it off. That doesn't mean we should ditch good football and a commitment to excellence and accept some up and under muck as a way out of midtable status.

He gets balls forward quickly from deep. Long balls. Buying someone like that is going to cement the "style" of football we currently endure, not eradicate it.

Imagine what we'll look like when Koemans players are in: the GK, the two CBs and Schneiderlin in front of them will be belting it downfield and out wide to a couple of Bolassie types. A nightmare for anyone who cherishes the idea of Everton as a school of science football club that our tradition demands.
With respect our tradition demands we compete for the title on a regular basis, the rest is mere ephemera.

No mate. The school of science stuff won us titles and cups. When Martinez tried to reopen the method we got our best season performances since the glory days. We saw the approach succeed in bits and pieces of the following two seasons before failing when manager and players couldn't pull it off. That doesn't mean we should ditch good football and a commitment to excellence and accept some up and under muck as a way out of midtable status.

We won't, in the long term. We'll play how S'ton played under Koeman.

High intensity, with pace and pressing, and some tidy stuff on the attack...

We haven't got 11 players who can do that for 90 minutes.

Schneiderlin would help us do that.

Schneiderlin was a bit part player at Southampton. Wanyama was the main force in CM. Schneiderlin is just a bread and butter player and the only thing Koeman would have him for is to encourage the long ball game. His stock in trade is to pump long diagonals to wingers. An utterly predictable brand of football that even Moyes distanced himself from when he left Everton.
Such a bit part player that United paid in excess of 25m for a full French international. Yes wanyama was a key component in that side but so was schneiderlin alongside him. To suggest he was a bit part player under Koeman is frankly laughable. Ask any saints fans for their opinion of schneiderlin, they rated him so highly.

Schneiderlin was a bit part player at Southampton. Wanyama was the main force in CM. Schneiderlin is just a bread and butter player and the only thing Koeman would have him for is to encourage the long ball game. His stock in trade is to pump long diagonals to wingers. An utterly predictable brand of football that even Moyes distanced himself from when he left Everton.
A bit part player? lol

They loved him, go ask a few who watched him every week for years tomorrow at the match if he was a bit part player.

Oh.....

I'm sorry but schneiderlin isn't just a long ball type player. He is (was) excellent at Southampton at breaking up the opposition attacks through great positional sense. Yes he does get the ball forward quicker but not through the use of long balls, but quick incisive passing.
Take a look at his range of passing mate. I've lost count of the number of times he looks long and shovels ithe ball out wide. Nothing wrong with having that in the team as a weapon to deploy. I just look at this in total and I see his major attribute as long range passing and when that's added to the way Koeman wants the two centre backs to operate releasing early and long it al just underlines the fact to me that we are in for a very very basic brand of football with minimal amounts of combination and playing through midfield.

Barkley will be gone next summer. No question now in my mind. Barkley doesn't fit the direct, midfield bypassing "style" that Koeman wants to deploy here.

We have made a massive mistake bringing Koeman in. He will take our style back decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back