Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player is readily available I'd expect them to sign very late on in the window. That way the selling club can play all parties against each other to get the most wedge and the agent (s) can do exactly the same

I think quick(ish) deals are only done now if ludicrous bids are lodged for players who either haven't asked for a transfer a la Bolasie/ anyone Liverpool bought from Southampton or if the player has their heart set on a club

Furthermore I'd suggest that contracts and transfers are so convoluted with image rights, sponsorship, various ownerships and greedy agents (stuff which has totally ruined the sport) that a quick thrashed out deal pre transfer window opening is nigh on impossible
I look forward to being shot down on this one.

If a player is readily available I'd expect them to sign very late on in the window. That way the selling club can play all parties against each other to get the most wedge and the agent (s) can do exactly the same

I think quick(ish) deals are only done now if ludicrous bids are lodged for players who either haven't asked for a transfer a la Bolasie/ anyone Liverpool bought from Southampton or if the player has their heart set on a club

Furthermore I'd suggest that contracts and transfers are so convoluted with image rights, sponsorship, various ownerships and greedy agents (stuff which has totally ruined the sport) that a quick thrashed out deal pre transfer window opening is nigh on impossible
I look forward to being shot down on this one.
Spot on

If it takes am extra couple of million to do the deal I'd reluctantly just do it. We need a CM asap.

Bascombe is actually alright. Not Hunter/Joyce levels (Joyce's match report earlier referenced that Morgs was the priority btw, so it seems right), but decent.

He ends the article by saying that a second offer is likely to follow. Think this could drag on.

£19m for a lad who's played in 3/20 games this season. They should take the money and run.

I know people want the deal done as soon as possible but surely by the end of January they'd be happy to take that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back