Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that simple though.

Depay is likely just one of several targets that we are looking for in regards wingers. He may not be a priority.

You're stating pure speculation as fact (as many do) and that in turn leads to more frustration when these speculative 'deals' don't come to fruition immediately or at all.

I know what your saying but koeman has openly said he would have depay if he was available and utd have said he can leave. We need the players now. If he isnt first choice then we should have already approached the clubs of the alternative players before the window opens to establish who we can get. The worry is that like with gabbiadini in the summer we have to wait for the other club to find replacments and then the dont happen and in the mean time plan b gets snapped up.

I know what your saying but koeman has openly said he would have depay if he was available and utd have said he can leave. We need the players now. If he isnt first choice then we should have already approached the clubs of the alternative players before the window opens to establish who we can get. The worry is that like with gabbiadini in the summer we have to wait for the other club to find replacments and then the dont happen and in the mean time plan b gets snapped up.

I posted something on this issue earlier. I voiced my concerns on us going after players we couldn't realistically attract or who were not available and then panic in the last week of the window to try and get anyone in.
We need to have a very structured approach to the transfer window. We should go after the highest level of player but we should not get caught up in open ended negotiations.
Under this we should have realistic targets who, while not being world beaters, would improve the squad.
If we are not attracting the highest level of player then we must have a stepped approach, bring in players who will allow us to compete for Europa Cup football and then we can go after the next level.
I would like to see us bring in 2/3 in the first week, show that we have been prepared for the window.

Never understand why some people get themselves so upset by what the Esk says, you have a choice to believe or ignore what he says, no disrespect to the Esk but I tend to be in the latter because I will only believe x,y,z have signed when they are standing there with the shirt.

I can only assume they are children and transfer window coincides with school holidays, proper cryarses.

I know mate, I'm of the opinion that common sense prevails, he hears information from his source/sources, passes it on IN GOOD FAITH and has always said that deals and agreements change, even right up to the last minute (sometimes for the better, thanks Sissoko).

Nobody should take anything as gospel on an Internet forum, but with the amount @The Esk has got right prior to last summer he shouldn't be doubted. He hears it, posts it and whatever you do with that information is up to you.
Well said but sadly this is orly only purpose in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back