Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll be labelled a 'bed-wetter' or 'knee-jerker' here, but I was expecting a genuine 'out of the blocks' window this time.

If, as people will have us believe, Koeman realises the squad needs a major overhaul, and if Moshiri really is the real deal, then they'd have surely identified where we need to prioritise, who we want and then set about sealing the deal(s) as soon as the window flung open.

It's not as if we can afford the luxury of 'playing' the usual window skullduggery; our form is dire and, most worryingly, our best player by a mile is about to head to Gabon for a fair while. Thus, there has always been an absolute imperative to get things done right away - allegedly money isn't the issue, so there is no excuse for not having things lined up before Jan 1st.

If I'm my believe that Ron is less than impressed with the squad he inherited, I'd have expected him to be as frustrated as myself and the tens of thousands of fellow Blues and be itching to get his own nucleus together. Again, with money apparently no object it should have been a case of do it - just do it.

I fear this will be another frustrating window for us once again. Lookman will be done and I suspect one or two others, but I'm not getting the warm, fuzzy feeling that we'll see the kind of initial squad transformation that we're desperate to see.

If it's another case of, 'difficult to deal in January so we'll have to look the summer window' then I'm out. Enough will be enough.

"Nothing will be the same again".....

You absolute heretic, you ;)

Being an Everton fan has now become an endless cycle of finding the new Arteta

lol

This is what baffles me more than anything else.

Neither Moyes nor Martinez even tried to replace him.

We have been crying out for a clever inside forward, a playmaker, for years now.

Yet never in that time have we signed a player whom remotely fits that description.

And with the names I see being bandied about right now, it doesn't look like that is about to change :(

I know full well, but they've had since September 1st to get their proverbial in a sock. Both Koeman and Moshiri have commented on how disappointed they were with the summer window, so if they were serious about taking us forward - and money wasn't the issue - they should have gripped it nice and early to avoid a repeat.

I'll say again, it's even more stark this winter due to our most dynamic player heading to the AFCON so we have even more reason to plug that gaping chasm.

Who else in the league has signed anybody mate?

No deals happen on New Years Day. No deals will happen today.

I think we may get one done by the end of the week (probably Lookman) as that seems set and ready to go.

If by the end of the second week we haven't seen significantly more action/movement then there's no excuses.

I guess I'll be labelled a 'bed-wetter' or 'knee-jerker' here, but I was expecting a genuine 'out of the blocks' window this time.

If, as people will have us believe, Koeman realises the squad needs a major overhaul, and if Moshiri really is the real deal, then they'd have surely identified where we need to prioritise, who we want and then set about sealing the deal(s) as soon as the window flung open.

It's not as if we can afford the luxury of 'playing' the usual window skullduggery; our form is dire and, most worryingly, our best player by a mile is about to head to Gabon for a fair while. Thus, there has always been an absolute imperative to get things done right away - allegedly money isn't the issue, so there is no excuse for not having things lined up before Jan 1st.

If I'm my believe that Ron is less than impressed with the squad he inherited, I'd have expected him to be as frustrated as myself and the tens of thousands of fellow Blues and be itching to get his own nucleus together. Again, with money apparently no object it should have been a case of do it - just do it.

I fear this will be another frustrating window for us once again. Lookman will be done and I suspect one or two others, but I'm not getting the warm, fuzzy feeling that we'll see the kind of initial squad transformation that we're desperate to see.

If it's another case of, 'difficult to deal in January so we'll have to look the summer window' then I'm out. Enough will be enough.

"Nothing will be the same again".....
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back