Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the same time, we shouldn't be held to ransom. Getting what they want for him I think is silly - he's not getting any younger, hasn't developed as a player over the past 2 years and so he shouldn't have retained his value or increased it. I think £20m is a reasonable valuation given that he's not going to be given any game time and is costing United in wages. I can't see why they'd dig their heels in. I'd understand if we'd only bid 10-12 million.

Hmmmm the ins and outs of a transfer.

He's 27, his market value is his market value.

You either pi55 or get off the pot. Pay it, or put up with your fans moaning about how unambitious you are as you won't meet the asking price.

They can't win either way for some fan whatever they do unfortunately as some fans think they know best.

Not sure but my gut tells me there's more to this than meets the eye. In that in reality they want significantly more than 20m. If it was just 20m they want and we offered 19m then it would surely be resolved within a couple of hours. I would think they want the money they paid recouped plus a bit more given how prices have risen.

Maybe 27/28m?

Would still say pay it in that case. We bid more than that for Sissoko and our alternatives are Cleverley and Barry. If you want players who improve your first team you need to pay the money.

You either pi55 or get off the pot. Pay it, or put up with your fans moaning about how unambitious you are as you won't meet the asking price.

They can't win either way for some fan whatever they do unfortunately as some fans think they know best.

Totally understand - we're just the fans and have no clue what the discussions involve. I just don't want us to be a Chelsea or Man City in the transfer market where, because we have a bit of financial backing, clubs inflate their price tags for their players. I'd be much happier getting the likes of Guaye for 7m, Cahill for £2m, Arteta for £2.5, Coleman £60k etc...

Obviously I was delighted with the Lukaku signing as it meant we may be able to compete at a higher level, but paying £28m for Bolasie was absurd. Don't want us to be spending over the odds for any player. I'd be happy with 22-24 million for Schneiderlin.

Would still say pay it in that case. We bid more than that for Sissoko and our alternatives are Cleverley and Barry. If you want players who improve your first team you need to pay the money.
It's 3 days into the window and they've already had 2 clubs bidding proper money. They're just seeing who blinks first, waiting to see if West Brom bid higher and then how we react. United want this to be a bidding war

Reactions: Tez
yeah we dont want to have to pay that kind of money on a desperation bid for teh likes of Sissoko
Bid and get it done, Schneiderlin is a good footballer

Language Thomas !!

Sky Sports News HQ’s man in the North West, Ben Ransom, has the latest developments on the future of Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.

"It looks like there is a bit of a battle hotting up to sign Morgan Schneiderlin; we understand contact has been made between Everton and Manchester United,” he toldTransfer Centre.

“Talks are at an early stage but there's definite interest. It's been reported their opening offer of £19m has been rejected by United, who want closer to a £24m valuation.

“There's definite interest from other clubs as well - West Brom's opening offer of £18m was rejected but according to Sky sources, Schneiderlin is their No 1 target in this window. We also understand they are willing to pay more.

“There are also reports this morning that Marseille might try to take him back to France."

I think, in the past, we've done well by stinging some clubs when selling to them. If we need him, just get it done...swings & roundabouts...

Totally understand - we're just the fans and have no clue what the discussions involve. I just don't want us to be a Chelsea or Man City in the transfer market where, because we have a bit of financial backing, clubs inflate their price tags for their players. I'd be much happier getting the likes of Guaye for 7m, Cahill for £2m, Arteta for £2.5, Coleman £60k etc...

Obviously I was delighted with the Lukaku signing as it meant we may be able to compete at a higher level, but paying £28m for Bolasie was absurd. Don't want us to be spending over the odds for any player. I'd be happy with 22-24 million for Schneiderlin.

I'm not that bothered by this. I am one of the "it's not my money" brigade.

Sky are propping football up, so spend it like a drunken pirate on shore leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back