Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a priority. We can hang onto 7th place in this pony league season without him, and better and cheaper (and younger) will be available in the summer.

If Everton spend anything remotely like £20M on him we will be getting the reputation in the game (and on the heels of the Bolassie overvaluation) of some soft touch club who cant really find and sign quality themselves but just rely on picking off bog standard players from other PL clubs for a kings ransom.

A signing that would make sense on almost no level.

Not a priority. We can hang onto 7th place in this pony league season without him, and better and cheaper (and younger) will be available in the summer.

If Everton spend anything remotely like £20M on him we will be getting the reputation in the game (and on the heels of the Bolassie overvaluation) of some soft touch club who cant really find and sign quality themselves but just rely on picking off bog standard players from other PL clubs for a kings ransom.

Dave???

Ffs man cheer up, tis a good day signed a good kid, season ticket prices are great,& kopites phoning talkshows kicking off about us

A replacement for Gareth Barry, who's how old again?

Wholeheartedly disagree

The lad is a France international, gets about the pitch, reasonably quick, presses well, always looks to play the ball forward and is positionally very good. He excelled at Southampton under Koeman and the only thing I don't really get about him is why Mourinho hasn't given him much of a chance.

At 27, he's a year or two older than I'd ideally like, but he comes straight into the midfield alongside Gana - United paid £24m for him and nobody batted an eyelid at the pricetag, I'd hoped we might be able to get on the cheap but I would happily pay the price if needs be.

Wholeheartedly disagree

The lad is a France international, gets about the pitch, reasonably quick, presses well, always looks to play the ball forward and is positionally very good. He excelled at Southampton under Koeman and the only thing I don't really get about him is why Mourinho hasn't given him much of a chance.

At 27, he's a year or two older than I'd ideally like, but he comes straight into the midfield alongside Gana - United paid £24m for him and nobody batted an eyelid at the pricetag, I'd hoped we might be able to get on the cheap but I would happily pay the price if needs be.

He claimed Schneiderlin was a bit-part player at Saints mate.

His head has gone on this one.

I agree we can probably hang onto 7th without him but I disagree it would be a bad signing. We need to progress quickly to a stage where we have a very competent team, Chelsea and Man City did this by buying (some may say) over priced mercenaries and what the bigger clubs would let them poach.

Seems to have worked for them so I think we need to follow the same blueprint. It's the only way other teams/players will take us seriously. It may seem a bit silly throwing a lot of money at a Hart or Rooney but it will pay off in the longer term if we are willing to keep on investing in the team.

If we buy well in the right areas, and MS is one of those players, why should we be "hanging on to 7th". There's no reason why we could kick on.

A replacement for Gareth Barry, who's how old again?
Barry came in for a about £2M and did a job that was different to Barry. He's been an enormous success because he is used for his positional nous. Schneiderlin is costing an arm and a leg and will merely reinforce a game that seeks to release quickly and long from deep....the very thing we should be transitioning away from under Koeman.

I agree we can probably hang onto 7th without him but I disagree it would be a bad signing. We need to progress quickly to a stage where we have a very competent team, Chelsea and Man City did this by buying (some may say) over priced mercenaries and what the bigger clubs would let them poach.

Seems to have worked for them so I think we need to follow the same blueprint. It's the only way other teams/players will take us seriously. It may seem a bit silly throwing a lot of money at a Hart or Rooney but it will pay off in the longer term if we are willing to keep on investing in the team.
Schneiderlin is not that quality though.

I mean, have this club lost it's senses paying £20M+ for players in their late 20s with no real pedigree as top top professionals in the positions they occupy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back