Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happening. The top six are very competitive. A player like Schneiderlin is nowhere near a game changer in that respect.

How all of a sudden is this feller's stick so high with people? He was just another decent PL a few weeks back.

We need to compete for better than him. We seem to be bidding for players we know are in reach and hammering big bids in.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Schneiderlin was one of the best defensive midfielders in the PL when he was at southampton. He was better than Wanyama and always in the squad for France. He would be a fantastic signing. He's verry allround. He's agressive, great technique, can pass and defend.

You're living in a dreamworld if you think we can get much better players than him.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Schneiderlin was one of the best defensive midfielders in the PL when he was at southampton. He was better than Wanyama and always in the squad for France. He would be a fantastic signing. He's verry allround. He's agressive, great technique, can pass and defend.

You're living in a dreamworld if you think we can get much better players than him.
Are you @Dutch Toffee's grotty alter ego?

Absolutely can't wait to sign him and watch him improve our godawful midfield instantly, if only to see David scrambling round on here trying to tell us all he's been crap.

This time last year we spent £13.5m on an unknown striker from the Russian League so I am glad we are now actually signing proven quality in Schneiderlin.

Last edited:
I'm saying spend it...but spend it on future prospects and players who can give us a lot more creativity higher up the pitch. Schneiderlin is 27, a player who sits deep and who's major prowess is unleashing balls out wide to runners.

We just did in the shape of Lookman but you still need good quality players around to help the prospects develop further.

Schneiderlin woukd be immense and add much needed quality to our midfield

I'm saying spend it...but spend it on future prospects and players who can give us a lot more creativity higher up the pitch. Schneiderlin is 27, a player who sits deep and who's major prowess is unleashing balls out wide to runners.
You're fighting a losing battle, anyone who can unleash their balls out wide is going to be extremely popular on this forum:whip:

I'm afraid Dave today's 20 million was yesteryear's 2/3 million, countless players are testament to that, Stones and Sterling cost 100 million FFS. It's gone mad we just have to keep up whatever it takes.
It hasn't got quite as bad as that yet mate.

Bolassie for getting on for £30m and this feller £20 odd million?!

It's 'kin daft fees and the selling clubs are pissing themselves.

How can anyone seriously think Schniederlin isn't a massive upgrade on our midfield? In his last season for Southampton he was in the PL team of the season, and, most importantly can actually retain the ball, something which appears elusive to our midfield currently

Yeah, a flawed transfer policy.

What we should be doing is bidding for players out of reach and low balling.
No mate, I've said we should be spending the equivalent in looking for emerging younger talent ready to slot into the first team...apparently that was what Walsh was feted for at Leicester. WTF happened to that plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back