Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn't got quite as bad as that yet mate.

Bolassie for getting on for £30m and this feller £20 odd million?!

It's 'kin daft fees and the selling clubs are pissing themselves.
Was having a think aba this: we are owned by a Billionaire. Transfer fees are no longer relevant. Expect £25m signings on the regs now. It's the equivalent of a loaf of bread, keeps the fans somewhat satisfied and seems a necessity.

Haway man Dave Schneiderlein is a quality addition to the squad. Sturridge, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Sigurrdsson all just a few players who never settled at a top side but became quality players elswhere. He already proven that at southampton.

Your probably fishing as per but he would be a top signing mate, miles ahead of Besic, Cleverly, Barry and Mccarthy.
He's nowhere near The quality of that lot. He's a slightly above average PL player. It's ridiculous to throw serious cash at that. FFS, moneybags United paid £23m for him and they were ripped off too.

No mate, I've said we should be spending the equivalent in looking for emerging younger talent ready to slot into the first team...apparently that was what Walsh was feted for at Leicester. WTF happened to that plan?

To be fair, I think this is why we've signed Lookman, but we do need to temper that kind of signing with players who's can strengthen the first team immediately, which Schneiderlin will do if he signs

No mate, I've said we should be spending the equivalent in looking for emerging younger talent ready to slot into the first team...apparently that was what Walsh was feted for at Leicester. WTF happened to that plan?

Agree with your point about Walsh but it's early days in the transfer window.

Prices are massively inflated Dave, he's right.
As stated above United paid £23m for him only a couple of seasons ago and the inflated fees were already in the game then.

Basically we'd be giving United their cash back on a player who couldn't cut it for them.

Not a priority. We can hang onto 7th place in this pony league season without him, and better and cheaper (and younger) will be available in the summer.

If Everton spend anything remotely like £20M on him we will be getting the reputation in the game (and on the heels of the Bolassie overvaluation) of some soft touch club who cant really find and sign quality themselves but just rely on picking off bog standard players from other PL clubs for a kings ransom.

A signing that would make sense on almost no level.

Cynical person would possibly think you would rather we didn't sign good players Dave mate, especially ones it's been proven Kidman can get playing at an exceptional level, because if it happens your stance on him is undermined.

But now criticising Kidman for trying g to improve the quality of the squad and thus results is frankly a bit weird mate, effectively we should no longer sign proven players in there prime for a fee of 5m more than ibe went for...

Was having a think aba this: we are owned by a Billionaire. Transfer fees are no longer relevant. Expect £25m signings on the regs now. It's the equivalent of a loaf of bread, keeps the fans somewhat satisfied and seems a necessity.
Transfer fees are still relevant, we have to live within financial fair play rules, that was discussed last night.

It hasn't got quite as bad as that yet mate.

Bolassie for getting on for £30m and this feller £20 odd million?!

It's 'kin daft fees and the selling clubs are pissing themselves.

Bolasie costed £25m-£28m depends on sources. Yes he was overpriced for about £8m but he is more than twice the players Niaase is so it is not as bad as you made out. £22m for Schneiderlin is like £13m in the old days (couple of years ago).

We're not just going for him so it's not about him being a game changer. He will transform our midfield though I believe.

What's the point of going for top quality players if we're not going to get top six? They won't come here. I think we've seen that recently
We can't afford the fees for top top quality or overpayment for decent but non-transformative players like Schneiderlin.

Look, Walsh unearthed the likes of Kante. That's what we need. Why are we not following that path for players in that position?

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Schneiderlin was one of the best defensive midfielders in the PL when he was at southampton. He was better than Wanyama and always in the squad for France. He would be a fantastic signing. He's verry allround. He's agressive, great technique, can pass and defend.

You're living in a dreamworld if you think we can get much better players than him.
This is fantasy stuff. He was one of a number of players who just slotted in and did a perfectly reasonable shift in midfield. Let's not go overboard on his record or quality.

My mate is a Southampton fan.

They have had some very, very good players in the last few years.

He rates Schniederlin as the best.

Now I have no idea why it has gone so wrong for him but Koeman has worked with him previously and he was one of the finest midfielders at that stage in the league.

Not all players fit at certain clubs. Pienaar was absolute junk for Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back