Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his first season at ManU Schneiderlin played a lot of games, so it's not like he's flopped there. What happened then is that Mourinho came, Pogba was bought and old man Carrick has been much more available and influential than what could be expected from a 35 year old. Sitting on the shelf for half a season means trouble for a footballer, but I have not seen any evidence that Schneiderlin suddenly turned crap over the summer. The manager set his mind on other midfield combinations, and when that manager is known to prefer using a small group of players over a season that means Schneiderlin abruptly found himself on the outside looking in.

I can relate to the feeling of wanting the big club that's hogging up more quality players than they have use for to suffer a bit financially when moving on the surplus like this. But if we need to go up to 24 to beat the competition over his signature, I would have no problem with that.

Depay though, that's a different story. He's bombed emphatically at man united and comes with a substantial risk for whoever buys him next. That transfer fee needs to be substantially smaller than what they bought him for.

If you believe the press ( I know ) only west brom have put a bid in which was lower than ours . I just dont think any other team who we want to compete with will come in for him either, im talking across europe aswell as the prem. if they dont want to keep him for when carrick can't do it any longer, this and the fact hes hardly played may provide a little evidence hes turned not crap but not as good as he was ? just read he was dropped before the finish of last season as he was playing poorly which may also be a sign. if he had stayed at southampton and they'd bought carrick and he displaced him there all last season would you still think 24 million would be a good price ? do you think man united would have come in for him in that situation for 24 million ? he may come and be a great player ! but id rather be paying 24 million for someone playing well than someone not is all im saying !

I think you have forgotten that prices have nearly doubled since Utd bought him mate.
Sissoko going for £30m, Granit Xhaka around £30m, Gundogan more than £20m, Ibe going for £15m, Joe Allen for £13m: consider those prices, and then look again at Schneiderlin for £22m... he was consistently excellent for Southampton, and we are getting him for a decent price when compared with the market as it stands now.

i just dont think any other clubs at the level we want will come in for him at that price ? ibe and allen are typical "sign them from a big club overprice signings ( like schneiderlin )" sissoko impressed in the euros and gundogan and xhaka were playing well. if i was in charge of the money id explain to man united and say thats ya lot or we move on. The worlds a big place with a lot of footballers !

i just dont think any other clubs at the level we want will come in for him at that price ? ibe and allen are typical "sign them from a big club overprice signings ( like schneiderlin )" sissoko impressed in the euros and gundogan and xhaka were playing well. if i was in charge of the money id explain to man united and say thats ya lot or we move on. The worlds a big place with a lot of footballers !

Can you name me another 1 then mate?

A player thats available, with Premier League experience.

Can you name me another 1 then mate?

A player thats available, with Premier League experience.

I'm not gonna name names for you to shoot down ! i do hope our scouts have identified a few !

you saying he's the only player in the whole world we can get for the job ? surely you dont believe that ?

Wrong position Carlos.

I'm not gonna name names for you to shoot down ! i do hope our scouts have identified a few !

you saying he's the only player in the whole world we can get for the job ? surely you dont believe that ?

No, I think 18 months ago he was the best DM in the league, for me, I watched him loads, so I personally think hes by far the best use of 24m.

Sure, theres other DMs in the world, cheaper, younger, but are they as good? Can they play in the League?

So I consider him a must buy, you dont, thats fine.

Wrong position Carlos.

No, I think 18 months ago he was the best DM in the league, for me, I watched him loads, so I personally think hes by far the best use of 24m.

Sure, theres other DMs in the world, cheaper, younger, but are they as good? Can they play in the League?

So I consider him a must buy, you dont, thats fine.

out of interest what valuation would you give him ?

It doesn't matter. If we have the extra £20m then get a second striker in. It's a far more pressing position to fill and one we need sorting out.
heres-what-the-why-dont-we-have-both-girl-looks-l-2-25350-1427494348-1_big.jpg

Hes valued at whatever he costs to buy.

Monopoly money.

but if you were the owner and had a ceiling on your transfer budget which we do. what would you pay ?

when man united bought him for 24 million ? what did you think of that price at the time ? about right ?

To be fair here.

West Brom chasing schneiderlain is like a club like everton chasing champions league players like witsel.....lol

If we want him we will get him, it's whether we mess about here or just hand over the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back