Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are 47 million for John Stones, who might be great, 28 million for Lukaku who is great, 15 million for Jordan Irbe who isn't great and everyone's favourite Naisse 13.5 million for a traffic warden

Stop being argumentative Dave, the prices are what they are, days of 2.5 million for a Pienaar has long gone

While I completely agree with you here, there's still value to be had.

Gueye is the perfect example of this.

However, in today's market, I'd say our initial £19m offer for Schneiderlin was fair.

However, United don't need to sell, so I can understand them playing hard-ball with the price.

While I completely agree with you here, there's still value to be had.

Gueye is the perfect example of this.

However, in today's market, I'd say our initial £19m offer for Schneiderlin was fair.

However, United don't need to sell, so I can understand them playing hard-ball with the price.
This deal needs to be done before the city game next week, we can't have Barry in that midfield next week against the likes of Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne, etc..

I think it's a very fair price (24m) for an established box to box midfielder at 27 years of age

That would work out brilliantly if west brom buy schneiderlein this jan and then come the summer we'll be looking around and end up shelling out £30m for a much worse player like sissoko from spurs. Koeman knows how good this guy is and we simply would be very lucky to attract anyone better in the summer, especially for that price. These are the players who will help turn us into european regulars and hopefully get us europe this season so we can attract much better players in the summer.

We've got a lot of money to be spending in january, on a fair few players, this guy will go straight into the starting XI taking Barry's position, which is only a good thing.

There is some serious over-estimation of this player's talents and his 'crucial-ness' for us to kick on.

The feller is nowhere near that important. And he certainly wouldn't be value for money at £20+M.

If you want to see Everton become one of those Leeds/Newcastle mug clubs paying high end prices for slightly above average PL players then knock yourself out. But what we're seeing here, I believe, is a player that's within reach for Everton because of his lack of top quality and his connection with the manager being massively inflated in value (both in terms of assessment of what he'd bring us and how much it'd cost to bring him here). He's the type of signing we'd have seen Spurs make a few years ago under the likes of Jol, Ramos or Redknapp...bang average midfielders bought by the shedload and falling out of cupboards at WHL. We do NOT want to be going down that route.

There is some serious over-estimation of this player's talents and his 'crucial-ness' for us to kick on.

The feller is nowhere near that important. And he certainly wouldn't be value for money at £20+M.

If you want to see Everton become one of those Leeds/Newcastle mug clubs paying high end prices for slightly above average PL players then knock yourself out. But what we're seeing here, I believe, is a player that's within reach for Everton because of his lack of top quality and his connection with the manager being massively inflated in value (both in terms of assessment of what he'd bring us and how much it'd cost to bring him here). He's the type of signing we'd have seen Spurs make a few years ago under the likes of Jol, Ramos or Redknapp...bang average midfielders bought by the shedload and falling out of cupboards at WHL. We do NOT want to be going down that route.
And the alternative that prevents us from trotting out Barry or the Clev against City next weekend is?

The size of the fee is unimportant.

What is important is that the manager wants him, has managed him before and thinks he would be a good addition to the squad.

Dress your agendas up and get your knickers in a twist about the size of the fee if you want to, only upsetting yourself.

They are 47 million for John Stones, who might be great, 28 million for Lukaku who is great, 15 million for Jordan Irbe who isn't great and everyone's favourite Naisse 13.5 million for a traffic warden

Stop being argumentative Dave, the prices are what they are, days of 2.5 million for a Pienaar has long gone
Didn't Everton pay £7M for Gueye?

The players are out there - very good players for bargain prices. Impatience will have the club out paying idiot levels of money for positions we dont immediately need filling on players barely better than what we have. That's the case here with Schneiderlin. It is a classic case of January chicken with no head recruitment.

The size of the fee is unimportant.

What is important is that the manager wants him, has managed him before and thinks he would be a good addition to the squad.

Dress your agendas up and get your knickers in a twist about the size of the fee if you want to, only upsetting yourself.
The manager of the club also wanted Kone, Cleverley and McGeady - look where emotional attachment has got us recently with regard transfers.

And the alternative that prevents us from trotting out Barry or the Clev against City next weekend is?
First off: we will be without Gueye for four weeks. No need to panic buy.
Secondly, we can play Davies in Gueye's position and Barry alongside him. We also can play Barkley further back and he'll have the chance to break from deep against City, who he's always had a good game against.

Unbelievable all the hullaballoo over one player who'll be missing for a month.

Whilst I agree that the initial post was an over-estimation of his ability, i feel your post is an unfair representation too. When he moved to United for 24 million, I think consensus was good deal for United. The move hasnt worked out for either party, and we are hopefully going to pay a lesser fee, albeit granted that it wont be much of a decrease. I dont think this move would represent a Leeds/Newcastle move - i.e. 12 million for Matt Richie, 12 million for Jonjo Shelvey. 22m for a player that will undoubtedly improve our central midfield - with proven success of playing the high press game that Koeman likes. No-brainer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back