Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I agree that the initial post was an over-estimation of his ability, i feel your post is an unfair representation too. When he moved to United for 24 million, I think consensus was good deal for United. The move hasnt worked out for either party, and we are hopefully going to pay a lesser fee, albeit granted that it wont be much of a decrease. I dont think this move would represent a Leeds/Newcastle move - i.e. 12 million for Matt Richie, 12 million for Jonjo Shelvey. 22m for a player that will undoubtedly improve our central midfield - with proven success of playing the high press game that Koeman likes. No-brainer for me.

I cant believe how little some people are making of this fee. £20 odd million it'll be. A player who cant get a start at a club where he went to and had a pretty undistinguished 12 months or so under van gaal. He's 27 and by the time he comes to the end of any Everton contract the club would be lucky to get about £5M for him.

Have we lost our senses recently? I think so.

I cant believe how little some people are making of this fee. £20 odd million it'll be. A player who cant get a start at a club where he went to and had a pretty undistinguished 12 months or so under van gaal. He's 27 and by the time he comes to the end of any Everton contract the club would be lucky to get about £5M for him.

Hope we pay 30m for him tbh mate

£20m is the new £6m. If he stays say 5 years, then he'd only be 32 (as he's only just turned 27), even with a resale value of nothing that's only £4m a season in amortisation.

He's a quality player, experienced in this division and better than what we've got. Your downer on it is illogical.

You've got some stamina Dave, I'll give you that.;)

Niasse says hello and he said "YES"

This deal needs to be done before the city game next week, we can't have Barry in that midfield next week against the likes of Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne, etc..

I think it's a very fair price (24m) for an established box to box midfielder at 27 years of age

I think it will be done mate.

Whether Schneiderlin is ready to come straight into the side against City - having not played in about two months - is a different matter all together.

Would be unfair to judge him on the season under LVG; all United players had a below par season except for De Gea, Martial and Rashford. Respectfully, I think our mentality is different - we have money now. If we want to progress, we cant think about sell-on value at the end of a players contract. If we want to improve to the next level we need to commit to improving our squad with players like Morgan, who at this moment in time, is probably the quality we should be realistically acquiring.

First off: we will be without Gueye for four weeks. No need to panic buy.
Secondly, we can play Davies in Gueye's position and Barry alongside him. We also can play Barkley further back and he'll have the chance to break from deep against City, who he's always had a good game against.

Unbelievable all the hullaballoo over one player who'll be missing for a month.

It has shown clearly over the festive period that we are in desperate need of another midfielder - even with Gueye playing.

Koeman wants to play a high pressing, high intensity game. Barry can't do that. It cost us in the derby.

Davies is 18 and has had two PL starts. Barkley blows hot and cold. McCarthy is crocked. Cleverly is uber gash. Gibson is Gibson.

We need a player the manager knows can come in and provide energy but also composure and power on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back