Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanyama = £11M last summer to Spurs...twice the player Schneiderlin is for half the price. Now tell me who's got their heads in a bag of evo-stick.

Wanyama was let go for that price as he was 1 year away from going for nothing. Now we could sit around waiting for every players contracts that we want to run down but I'd rather we just get on and sign them.

We can play moneyball with the Lookman type transfers.

He's a great player, not been played much this year but morinho did let KDB an Lukaku leave, so he not always the best judge. He'd be perfect for us.

And I'm not interested 1 bit what we pay for players or what we might get in a return for him. Its about getting the best players we can in the squad.

Or maybe it's just that £20+M for a 27 year old bang average cm is ridiculous and it needs pointing out.
The market is the market Dave you either pay what it takes or you fall behind. Gueye had a release clause and Wanayama possibly did and was also in the last year of his contract

Wanyama was let go for that price as he was 1 year away from going for nothing. Now we could sit around waiting for every players contracts that we want to run down but I'd rather we just get on and sign them.

We can play moneyball with the Lookman type transfers.

He was let go at that price because S'ton were contractually obliged to do so if the player wanted to go...

The market is the market Dave you either pay what it takes or you fall behind. Gueye had a release clause and Wanayama possibly did and was also in the last year of his contract

Wanyama did, and he was in the last year of his deal, yes.

Will 22mil be a bit too much? Probably.

But Schneiderlin will improve us in an area we desperately need.

£20M is the new £6M. And Gueye was bought for £7M; Wanyama went to Spurs from S'ton for £11m.
Mourinho is going to recoup more than the cash he laid out for Gundogan by selling Everton Schneiderlin. Lol.
[/QUOTE]

Sissoko went for £30m, we sold Felliani for £27m, Bournemouth paid £15m for Jordan Ibe - what's your point?
I may be wrong but wasn't Gundogan into the last year of contract when City signed him - and injured? So your argument is we're getting jibbed because City paid 2-4 million less for a player that they could have gotten for free in a year than we might pay for an French international, with premierleague experience who still has 3 years left on his current contract?

Are you this negative in all walks of life Dave mate? I bet you don't fart for fear of poopin' yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back