Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanyama = £11M last summer to Spurs...twice the player Schneiderlin is for half the price. Now tell me who's got their heads in a bag of evo-stick.

Whilst I can see your point of view about spending £20m on talents instead of players who aren't getting a game, it is worth noting that Schneiderlin is an improvement on what we currently have. Ideally I would like us to sign a 23/24 year old instead, but with barry being 75 next season and tom davies hitting puberty to grow a proper beard, finding MS at 27 is not a bad thing.

My preference now would be something like:

Joe Hart 30 ? - Vocal leader from the back, decent stopper.
Schneiderlin - 27, decent all round player.
Juan Mata - 28, takes the pressure of ross and again a decent player.
Lookman - 19 Prospect for the future.
Kasper Dolberg - 19, support for Rom, another prospect.

Our team would look like we have the right balance of experience and talent, mixed with a few youngsters in reserve.

Hart - 30
Coleman - 27 ?
Williams - 32
Mori - 25 ?
Baines - 32

Schneiderlin - 27
Gana - 26
Barkley 23/mata 28

Mirallas - 28/ Bolasie 28
Depay (rumours)/ lookman 19
Lukaku - 23/24

Overall I think there is the right blend in there. Money wise we will have only spent about £100m on players for the core of a team that should last about 4 years (baines and Williams will then need replacing).

I can understand Dave's point of view though, the likes of dolberg should be a priority for future investment, yet the ability to play now if needed.

We also have Holgate, Lewin, Galloway and davies in reserve. Getting rid of cleverly, Gibson, mcgeady and 'the deadwood' will be just as important as getting fresh proven talent in IMO.

He's perfect to bring on in the last 15/10 mins of a game mate, in fairness - whether we need him to link our play going forward or help us see out a game.

He shouldn't - and won't - be a regular starter in the next few months though.

But Davies, Walsh - the other youngsters coming through - will all learn plenty.

I'm not saying leave him in reserves to rot. He just shouldn't be starting games as you've alluded to.

I just don't see what his role is next year. If you think our midfield might be Deeps, Barkz, Davies, Gueye, New no. 10. Is Barry keeping any of those out the side or keeping Walsh, Dowell off the bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back