Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan's a step up from what we have and it's an area we're weak in. If we try to blood lots of players in their early twenties we risk stagnating around 7th place.

For sure there's a risk in buying players "in their prime", so there's an element of rolling the dice, but if we don't become competitive with the so called "Big Six" in the next two or three years, then we risk falling further behind.

Taking a calculated risk now is plainly the Moshiri plan. Hoping to build a team round younger players and watch them grow was the Kenwright plan.

I prefer Moshiri's thinking tbh.
I dont think it's a case of either/or develop with potential or buy in experience. You can do both. But we're getting caught between two stools here, imo. We are wasting a hell of a lot of cash on 'proven' players who are not top quality and Davies and Holgate aside (the latter having already been blooded under Martinez) the potential is not being encouraged to come through.

Koeman doesn't stay anywhere more than three seasons on average. I fear that at the end of that period Everton wlll be holding a very expensive set of ageing players who couldn't get us to the next level....apparently you cant state those concerns though because others here are too immature to accept a counter point to their giddiness over cash being spent.

RMs signings will recoup way more back than he spent out. Do you think Koeman is shaping up to do that buying late 20s players for 20 odd million a pop?

In all honesty probably not. But it does beg the question mate, are we running an accountancy firm or a football team. When Kendall bought in Paul Power, Andy Gray or Peter Reid did they look likely to make a profit? Sometimes you have to take footballing decisions as opposed to strictly financial ones. I do wonder if our concern about making profits on players is a result of mismanagement by Kenwright and over reliance on said profits for transfer funds. With increased commercial performance I do see that as taking less importance, and signing players to improve the team as the central importance.

Lets put it this way, I've got no desire to re-enact Rodgers and FSG's moneyball championship they are going for!

We've been over this before, you tedious bore. Sigurdsson would cost more than £30m if he was put up for sale in this window. You are using a straw man argument to WUM - pack it in please.
Cut this out.

Argue the point, not the poster.

If we'd had anyone else at CB in Kiev than Alcaraz, we'd've won the Europa League mate

Utter dirge signing, but at least Martinez had us in a Europa League knock out game

Mike Walker wasn't just the worst Everton manager of all time, he's one of the worst managers ever period

He had a decent run at Norwich, literally all off the back of Chris Sutton, outside of that he was woeful

But I'm talking about as an actual footballer, not what they've done for Everton. Niasse has hardly played because he cannot actually play football. He's hands down the worst footballer we've ever had.

RMs signings will recoup way more back than he spent out. Do you think Koeman is shaping up to do that buying late 20s players for 20 odd million a pop?

lollollol

you are very entertaining Dave I give you that

Omar Naisse --- we can't give him away even on loan and that's 13.5M down the drain
Rodriguez - where's he ???
Henen not done anything yet

I'm sure there are others too

But I'm talking about as an actual footballer, not what they've done for Everton. Niasse has hardly played because he cannot actually play football. He's hands down the worst footballer we've ever had.

Alcaraz was worse

Yeah, he played in a World Cup for Paraguay, but everyone knows they're just the international equivalent of Pulis Era Stoke City. I mean, hardly the biggest talent pool to fight off is it?

In all honesty probably not. But it does beg the question mate, are we running an accountancy firm or a football team. When Kendall bought in Paul Power, Andy Gray or Peter Reid did they look likely to make a profit? Sometimes you have to take footballing decisions as opposed to strictly financial ones. I do wonder if our concern about making profits on players is a result of mismanagement by Kenwright and over reliance on said profits for transfer funds. With increased commercial performance I do see that as taking less importance, and signing players to improve the team as the central importance.

Lets put it this way, I've got no desire to re-enact Rodgers and FSG's moneyball championship they are going for!
We're not in the megabucks rich league mate. We have no billionaire benefactor. We have a man who WILL get any cash he spends out back and then some on top. So yes it does matter if we're left lumbered with a load of average ageing players we paid an arm and a leg for.

We're not in the megabucks rich league mate. We have no billionaire benefactor. We have a man who WILL get any cash he spends out back and then some on top. So yes it does matter if we're left lumbered with a load of average ageing players we paid an arm and a leg for.

<----------------------

I dont think it's a case of either/or develop with potential or buy in experience. You can do both. But we're getting caught between two stools here, imo. We are wasting a hell of a lot of cash on 'proven' players who are not top quality and Davies and Holgate aside (the latter having already been blooded under Martinez) the potential is not being encouraged to come through.

Koeman doesn't stay anywhere more than three seasons on average. I fear that at the end of that period Everton wlll be holding a very expensive set of ageing players who couldn't get us to the next level....apparently you cant state those concerns though because others here are too immature to accept a counter point to their giddiness over cash being spent.

A bit like when he arrived

Give it up ffs.

How is ANY of that contradictory? I'm clearly stating he is limited as a big money signing, so if we got him for £8M it'd be reasonable. Do you ever stop to think about these responses?

Come on mate, it's nothing personal - I just think you need to up your game a bit. It's not nice seeing you flounder like this. Plus you're taking it from all sides at the moment. It's like a dog on heat dressed in a milk maid costume stuck in a small room with the Dapper Dogs clique.

Be the WUM we all know you can be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back