Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's taking a hell of a gamble Paul. If he's spending cash on players like this and we dont start breaking into the top 5 or win a cup in 12 months time he will be under severe pressure for signing players like this so expensively. That's his lookout and his job on the line. I'm more concerned about us wasting a good opportunity to get it right in the transfer market, and from Moshiri's words this week it seems like this will be a very narrow window opening for us to spend given that he's talking up 'self sufficiency'.

Of course it is a gamble, my argument here is that I do agree with your concerns, im a massive advocate of buying young talents before they become priced out of our range, especially if they live up to the hype.

We do however need to improve our team with ready made players, anything over £25m and I will jump into the Davek boat and slam those in charge. For £22m on a French international with a proven pedigree, who also happens to be better than anyone we currently have bar Gueye (although they have different roles within the same position) cannot be passed. We need and crave a cup win ASAP, only once we become a successful team on the pitch can we truly explore the option of it.

The rumoured £75m deal is actually testament to that, we aren't in Europe and haven't been for some time, so £15m a year will have to do.
As the team reaps the rewards as @Woolly Blue stated, can we become a team capable of spending £25m on some 18 year old kid who may or may not be decent enough for Everton.

I agree with your points but disagree with the time scale is my summary. Im just waiting to hear @chicoazul on this matter, he hates FIFA managers, so spending £22m on some 27/28 cast off from United should be dissected with such cynicism I would expect :bye:

lollollol

you are very entertaining Dave I give you that

Omar Naisse --- we can't give him away even on loan and that's 13.5M down the drain
Rodriguez - where's he ???
Henen not done anything yet

I'm sure there are others too
McGeady has cost us millions in wages and crosses more erratically than Bolasie (and that's saying something)

Cut this out.

Argue the point, not the poster.
The poster in question is making deliberately absurd statements in a continual attempt to wind up Blues. Those actions are tedious and boring, and comprise his entire contribution. Ergo, he is a tedious bore. He does it so much that even when you put him on ignore, the sheer volume of his tedious WUMming actually interferes with the casual user's ability to read a coherent thread.

But sure, I won't call him names anymore.

We're not in the megabucks rich league mate. We have no billionaire benefactor. We have a man who WILL get any cash he spends out back and then some on top. So yes it does matter if we're left lumbered with a load of average ageing players we paid an arm and a leg for.

That's a fair point. I think we are backed heavily with the Usmanov stuff but there is little way to prove that either way.

Buying lots of late 20's players is short termism, you can't get around that. However there does have to be some acknowledgement that players in their late 20's can still have value. What's important is there is a balance, which is hopefully what Walsh can bring. Gueye looks a competent buy and hopefully Lookman will increase in value. We also look set to produce a number of talented young players, and as you've said consistently spending larger sums on proven players must not be allowed to offset against developing our own young players. Not only does it make financial sense, but also it's an inherent part of EFC. You must be more optimistic which the game time now being afforded to Davies, Holgate and DCL?

I dont think it's a case of either/or develop with potential or buy in experience. You can do both. But we're getting caught between two stools here, imo. We are wasting a hell of a lot of cash on 'proven' players who are not top quality and Davies and Holgate aside (the latter having already been blooded under Martinez) the potential is not being encouraged to come through.

Koeman doesn't stay anywhere more than three seasons on average. I fear that at the end of that period Everton wlll be holding a very expensive set of ageing players who couldn't get us to the next level....apparently you cant state those concerns though because others here are too immature to accept a counter point to their giddiness over cash being spent.

Martinez never played Holgate once mate

He played Davies once for 7 minutes in a game (hardly blooding him was it mate - and he came on for that fixture of the team Gibson who started) many though he brought him on just to try take the heat off himself for a minute, noticably he never played him again though - so 7 minutes means martinez takes the credit - utterly laughable

Did you miss DCL starting the other day Dave - ahead of more experienced older players?

Did you miss us buying a teenager whose highly thought of?

They've won 4 games out of 20 in the league mate this season, and sit near the bottom of the table, he isn't doing that good a job of winning game son his own really there is he?

Besic - injury prone prospect who is now 24
Gibson given a new contract as a promise by the ex manager
Cleverley - utter joke of a player
McCarthy - one good season in his career - another injury crock of a player
Barry - now 35 years old and obviously badly fading as a player

Thats exactly why we need another cm in mate, the current manager was left a centre midfield which was a train wreck in need of a total overhaul

as for the 'playmaker' - wake up mate, Koeman doesn't now and never will play a conventional number 10 which is what Siggurdson is, so you want us to pay about 25-30m for a player who won't fit into the managers system.

I'm actually convinced more than ever that your sat panicking we will actually have a large spend this January mate, as it will prove your theories wrong, and right now your getting preventitive shots in to prepare your next line of spin to keep the 'debate' going

Don't think that was the case mate, I read a Gibson interview, and he said he had offers off other clubs on the table (he was actually out of contract with us) but we then came in and offered him a new contract, and he said once we did that there was only one thing he was going to do, and that was stay.

The MEN are saying the medical is this afternoon- maybe thats why the reports of him having it this morning are wide of the mark.

Come on mate, it's nothing personal - I just think you need to up your game a bit. It's not nice seeing you flounder like this. Plus you're taking it from all sides at the moment. It's like a dog on heat dressed in a milk maid costume stuck in a small room with the Dapper Dogs clique.

Be the WUM we all know you can be!

When he thought Gundogan played for United earlier, that was the end for him as a troll on here. I feel sorry for him, I've laughed at him a lot in the past but he just keeps setting himself up now.

The poster is making deliberately absurd statements in a continual attempt to wind up Blues. Those actions are tedious and boring, and comprise his entire contribution. Ergo, he is a tedious bore. He does it so much that even when you put him on ignore, the sheer volume of his tedious WUMming actually interferes with the casual user's ability to read a coherent thread.

But sure, I won't call him names anymore.

For nearly a month hes been chatting utter bubbles about us signing Morgs.

If thats not tedious I dont know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back