Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these could be sold...

Lukaku
Galloway
McCarthy
Besic
Mori
Holgate
Deulofeu
Lennon
Tarasaj

£63M paid for those and we'd get that back on Lukaku + McCarthy alone.

Conservatively we'd receive circa £110M for that lot, probably a hell of a lot more given the going rate for halfway decent layers in this madhouse league.

LOL

Lennon???

LOL

So you claim a 50m profit on those players?

Which if we consider Niasse, Kone and McGeady will cost us 50m, eats up that entire profit.

Nice try.

All these could be sold...

Lukaku
Galloway
McCarthy
Besic
Mori
Holgate
Deulofeu
Lennon
Tarasaj

£63M paid for those and we'd get that back on Lukaku + McCarthy alone.

Conservatively we'd receive circa £110M for that lot, probably a hell of a lot more given the going rate for halfway decent layers in this madhouse league.

As said: RM's transfer record was very good. I doubt we'll be saying the same for Koeman.
You missed Niasse and Kone off that list.

Shocked here like

Im left them out, but Martinez did transform them into very bankable players. The dullard Moyes would have ruined them and sold them to Leeds for ten bob.

:(

This is sad to see David, I remember a time you would make it interesting for me, now its barely sport.

Oh well, im off to wind up some Eskimos, enjoy this thread.

Im left them out, but Martinez did transform them into very bankable players. The dullard Moyes would have ruined them and sold them to Leeds for ten bob.

This is probably true, to an extent.

I reckon Moyes would have made Stones a better defender, but he wouldn't have flourished as he did.

Barkley would have been restricted I think, but to a point RM (in the later days, not at first) didn't help Barkley either. He deserves credit for playing them though, and their breakthroughs.

LOL

Lennon???

LOL

So you claim a 50m profit on those players?

Which if we consider Niasse, Kone and McGeady will cost us 50m, eats up that entire profit.

Nice try.
How much d'you reckon we'll get for £27M Bolassie in two years mate? A tenner?

You need to focus on the present wastefulness.

what-if-i-told-you_563c502877d923428.jpg

RMs signings will recoup way more back than he spent out. Do you think Koeman is shaping up to do that buying late 20s players for 20 odd million a pop?

I think, friend, that what Koeman is trying to do is win football matches, and win them now. Philosophy being that better talent wants to play for a winning club.

Not sure what Martinez was about.

Koeman is not ignoring the future (Davies, Calvert Lewin, Lookman) he is simply placing more value on the present.

RMs signings will recoup way more back than he spent out. Do you think Koeman is shaping up to do that buying late 20s players for 20 odd million a pop?

Dave, it didn't work out, you both tried, but sometimes the love - no matter how big it is - is simply never destined to work. :( I'm sure you still have his picture in your wallet enabling you to drown in his eyes on occasion should the need ever arise...

David, in honesty, I don't care...and why for the life of me you're concerned about 'sell on' values of players that A) We haven't signed and B) May not sign anyway is a an absolute mystery. You simply cannot use BOLASIE as a yardstick either when NIASSE remains in the mix. How old is LOOKMAN again...he's hardly 56 is he?

It's almost like you're looking for negatives just for the sheer dang heck of it...

Ah... :Blink:

What amazes me is you clearly know your jizz-jazz abarrr the club, and you're clearly are supportive of them (in your own curious & peculiar way)...but what I can't fathom is how you were more than willing to give BOBSY all the time in the world to turn things round yet you seem intent on hanging the current regime out to dry at every and any given opportunity. Which is quite an odd agenda TBH mate. Even if you're not wholly convinced then no thinking person can deny that these AREN'T exciting times - moving on is better than standing still mush...and the steps may be tiny and time consuming but at least that's SOMETHING eh?

Do try and stop worrying as to how much the SCHNIDES may be worth in 5 years, honestly, you'll just go mad mate...

Whereas nobody else will give a fancy frig if he's worth a flim an' a quart box of Monster Munch at the end of his contract, especially if there's a couple of trophies in the doo-dah...

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back