Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these could be sold...

Lukaku
Galloway
McCarthy
Besic
Mori
Holgate
Deulofeu
Lennon
Tarasaj

£63M paid for those and we'd get that back on Lukaku + McCarthy alone.

Conservatively we'd receive circa £110M for that lot, probably a hell of a lot more given the going rate for halfway decent layers in this madhouse league.

As said: RM's transfer record was very good. I doubt we'll be saying the same for Koeman.

Lukaku 28m
Besic 4.5m
McCarthy 13m
Kone 6m
Robles 2.5m
McGeady 1.5m
Niasse 13.5m
Mori 10.5m
Deulofu 4.5m
Lennon 5m
Tarashaj - 3.5m
Holgate 1m
Rodriguez .5m
Barry 3m

Thats 97m worth of players if you actually include all the players he bought mate, rather than picking and choosing one - although can see why you left off the ones with utterly no resale value as it would undermine your point a lot wouldnt it.

Now heres a question - remove Lukaku from this list and of the other 13 players bought by martinez would we make a profit or a substantial loss on the 69m paid ?

I for one am really looking forward to MS coming and think that the price is just about right. He's proven in the prem at Southampton, is on the fringes of the France squad even when his form dipped and he did look class when he first showed up at United. I suspect that LVG just confused the hell out of him and he started to look crap. Pretty much like ever MU player last year.

Think he'll prove to be a bargain.

I think, friend, that Koeman is trying to do is win football matches, and win them now. Philosophy being that better talent wants to play for a winning club.

Not sure what Martinez was about.

Koeman is not ignoring the future (Davies, Calvert Lewin, Lookman) he is simply placing more value on the present.

Martinez was about Roberto Martinez and nothing more. He's on record as saying he cares more about style of football than results. I couldn't be happier that that horrible man is no longer involved with the club that many of us would break bones for.

Im left them out, but Martinez did transform them into very bankable players. The dullard Moyes would have ruined them and sold them to Leeds for ten bob.

Right lads, Martinez apparently transformed Stones and Barkley into "very bankable players".

The Stones I remember under Martinez who couldn't wait to get off the pitch at Anfield, was the subject of much criticism in our shoddy defence, who by the way lets not forget did not work on defensive drills.

As for Barkley, under Martinez he went from the next bright young thing to somebody who could not even get on the pitch for his country ahead of the likes of Henderson and his form was under such severe scrutiny that he lost his confidence completely.

I am afraid this is a new low for this forum and it is all because of one poster. I'm bored of the same tripe repeating itself in every post about anything positive.

At least you're civil about it, unlike others here.

Look, my point is that this is a huge short term gamble paying 20 odd million on players who aren't top quality and aren't going to give much resale back. It's a roll of the dice at best.

I want to see us build something around a group of players in their early to mid twenties. This signing policy so far is madness for a club like this.
I Agee Dave we can all have debates disagreements, and be civil?;)

If there's a biggish spend this January rest assured there will be a big name offloaded in the summer to cover it.

Look, whatever way you want to cut it (contract expiry date/today's inflated prices etc etc) the overriding fact is that, as with Bollasie, we are paying over the odds for a player who has achieved nothing and will be practically worthless as an asset to sell in the future.

So you don't like signing players who won't have resale value in the future, but if we sell for good profit (which would mostly be any big names) you're going to use it as a stick to bash the board with.

Come on mate, you're better than this

Lukaku 28m
Besic 4.5m
McCarthy 13m
Kone 6m
Robles 2.5m
McGeady 1.5m
Niasse 13.5m
Mori 10.5m
Deulofu 4.5m
Lennon 5m
Tarashaj - 3.5m
Holgate 1m
Rodriguez .5m
Barry 3m

Thats 97m worth of players if you actually include all the players he bought mate, rather than picking and choosing one - although can see why you left off the ones with utterly no resale value as it would undermine your point a lot wouldnt it.

Now heres a question - remove Lukaku from this list and of the other 13 players bought by martinez would we make a profit or a substantial loss on the 69m paid ?
I do love undeniable stats.

Lukaku 28m
Besic 4.5m
McCarthy 13m
Kone 6m
Robles 2.5m
McGeady 1.5m
Niasse 13.5m
Mori 10.5m
Deulofu 4.5m
Lennon 5m
Tarashaj - 3.5m
Holgate 1m
Rodriguez .5m
Barry 3m

Galloway too. (I had high hopes for him but he appears to have faltered)

Taking out Lukaku

Holgate looks by far the best purchase.

Barry was worth the outlay and will add coaching experience.

McCarthy
Besic
Deulofeu

These you might make a slight profit on due to market inflation.

Mori / Robles about the same value.

Tarashaj (no idea whatsoever)

The rest are off in the bin.

Overall the majority of the transfers are poor. Holgate the one real exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back