Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku 28m
Besic 4.5m
McCarthy 13m
Kone 6m
Robles 2.5m
McGeady 1.5m
Niasse 13.5m
Mori 10.5m
Deulofu 4.5m
Lennon 5m
Tarashaj - 3.5m
Holgate 1m
Rodriguez .5m
Barry 3m

Thats 97m worth of players if you actually include all the players he bought mate, rather than picking and choosing one - although can see why you left off the ones with utterly no resale value as it would undermine your point a lot wouldnt it.

Now heres a question - remove Lukaku from this list and of the other 13 players bought by martinez would we make a profit or a substantial loss on the 69m paid ?

Out of that lot(Lukaku excluded) I think you'd only get decent money for McCarthy(15m), Robles(4m), Mori(10m), Del(7m) and Holgate(?).
The rest are either too old or too shabite(or both) to raise anything worthwhile - say £50m for the the lot and we'll throw in Elstone;)

Galloway too. (I had high hopes for him but he appears to have faltered)

Taking out Lukaku

Holgate looks by far the best purchase.

Barry was worth the outlay and will add coaching experience.

McCarthy
Besic
Deulofeu

These you might make a slight profit on due to market inflation.

Mori / Robles about the same value.

Tarashaj (no idea whatsoever)

The rest are off in the bin.

Overall the majority of the transfers are poor. Holgate the one real exception.

Macca was great in his first season and a half. Besic can come good, but has been unlucky with injuries. Not bad, not good, so far.

I pointed out the reasons he wasn't and will never be one mate. He didn't accumulate 72 points because he lacked potential as a coach. He didn't help himself and constantly made dumb decisions while he was here.
He got 72 points because he had Moyes defence and Spurs and UTD were awful (in relative terms)

He got 72 points because he had Moyes defence and Spurs and UTD were awful (in relative terms)
Fair points. I agree that we had a really solid backline at the time. But his attacking style of play was never the problem. It was the Naismith's, the loss of comfortable leads, and the lack of adaptation to situations in the games that cost him. He never learned how to defend a lead and it lead to two consecutive mediocre campaigns; we should have been much higher up the table. Martinez was more arrogant if anything, and not someone that could afford to be arrogant like Mourinho.

Fair points. I agree that we had a really solid backline at the time. But his attacking style of play was never the problem. It was the Naismith's, the loss of comfortable leads, and the lack of adaptation to situations in the games that cost him. He never learned how to defend a lead and it lead to two consecutive mediocre campaigns; we should have been much higher up the table. Martinez was more arrogant if anything, and not someone that could afford to be arrogant like Mourinho.
You're gonna get me banned.

I hope we sign Schneiderlin.

*dips out

Can we not ban anyone that keeps mentioning Martinez? He's dead to us, move on, new Everton.
Use this instead.

smileys-devil-595747.gif

Or perhaps

smileys-devil-785870.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back