Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez was about Roberto Martinez and nothing more. He's on record as saying he cares more about style of football than results. I couldn't be happier that that horrible man is no longer involved with the club that many of us would break bones for.
I hated Martinez in this regard. He could have been a great manager had he made simple changes to his style and lineup and practiced set-pieces. Martinez was the epitomy of pretentiousness in English football. Koeman is using trial and error frequently to find a style that suits his players, and while the results have been rocky, he is making an effort to get the team going. Hopefully we have found an identity and can secure top 7 for this campaign.

So yeah, few places saying medical today, but a lot of places saying no deal.

Think this will run till next week personally.
Well he doesn't appear to have much else to do, so maybe he's just gone for the medical just for the sake of it, get it out the way? Sounds like the fee hasn't been agreed, but at least once it is, it should be wrapped up quite quickly.

I hated Martinez in this regard. He could have been a great manager had he made simple changes to his style and lineup and practiced set-pieces. Martinez was the epitomy of pretentiousness in English football. Koeman is using trial and error frequently to find a style that suits his players, and while the results have been rocky, he is making an effort to get the team going. Hopefully we have found an identity and can secure top 7 for this campaign.
200w.gif

Well he doesn't appear to have much else to do, so maybe he's just gone for the medical just for the sake of it, get it out the way? Sounds like the fee hasn't been agreed, but at least once it is, it should be wrapped up quite quickly.

All the better sources seem to indicate no medical today.

I suppose it depends on who you trust.

Amazing how this transfer would have been the really big news just 24 hours ago where Everton are concerned.

I am cautiously optimistic about Everton going forward.

It hasn't got quite as bad as that yet mate.

Bolassie for getting on for £30m and this feller £20 odd million?!

It's 'kin daft fees and the selling clubs are pissing themselves.

Did we do that when we sold Stones? I thought city were mugs to pay that, but you charge what they can afford based on how desperate they are, everyone's a pimp nowadays...

At least you're civil about it, unlike others here.

Look, my point is that this is a huge short term gamble paying 20 odd million on players who aren't top quality and aren't going to give much resale back. It's a roll of the dice at best.

I want to see us build something around a group of players in their early to mid twenties. This signing policy so far is madness for a club like this.

It is not hard to see a scenario where, if we continue with what could be seen as more Koeman-like signings in their late 20s onwards for high fees like Bolasie, Schneiderlin and Williams, that we will end up with a stale squad in a few seasons time that will again take time and money to refresh.

The younger signings made so far, which some might say are the Walsh signings, are not in any way certain to be regular first team players under the manager.

So, if you think that future scenario is a possibility then there is nothing wrong with raising concerns about it IMO. Although I think we will see a broader range of signings between now and the summer.

However, if there is any possibility you are not a WUM for 90% of what you write, and are as genuine as some of the points you make, I would suggest you stop spamming every thread with the same opinion and more than anything stop stating things in a way that makes them seem like a fact and discounts other opinions sometimes before they are even made.

Many other posters feel you have good points to make, but you make so many of them in such a dismissive, haughty and wind up way that it is no surprise the forum erupts with people who can't help reacting. (some who seem to do nothing else but react to you OR bait you)

You seem to have an aversion to phrases like "I think that", 'I feel as if', 'in my opinion', 'It could be seen as' or the word 'possibly'. I personally think this complete lack of the ability to write a balanced post without assuming your opinion is the be all and end all, is the strongest evidence that you actually are wumming a large part of the forum. Either that or you have an ego the size of Yakubu's arse.

It's often funny though, so don't ever leave.

Koeman doesn't stay anywhere more than three seasons on average. I fear that at the end of that period Everton wlll be holding a very expensive set of ageing players who couldn't get us to the next level....apparently you cant state those concerns though because others here are too immature to accept a counter point to their giddiness over cash being spent.

Lets see how many bites you can get Dave ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back