Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chelsea bid in 2015 got up to £38M in the end. The fee inflation kicked in the next season good and proper - on that basis £47M was a snip. They mugged us because they knew we had to sell to buy. Simple as that.

£30M for Schneiderlin? Please.

With inflation we definitely let Stones go for less than we received in 2015. I would say Chelsea's final big with inflation at between 30-50 % (a reasonable figure) would have been anything from 51-57 million.

However part of this was down to it being after the season had started and close to deadline day. Part of it was due to us explicitly saying we weren't going to sell him. Also Stones himself had a poor season, lost his place, became disillusioned with the manager and didn't play for England in the Euro's. It's understandable there was some knock on price.

Lets put it this way, I don't think Stones has looked a 47 million pound player and I am quite happy we got the money.

I think Schneiderlin will be a good replacement for Barry certainly.
Did we need to spend that much? What abut Davies' prospects now? How does ~Barkley work with a cm who largely bypasses what's in front of him to release downfield?

Too many questions like that for me to believe in this transfer.

May be the case for the passive supporter, however, those of us who invest time and hard earned cash into Everton, be that following by watching merchandise etc, have every right to question and care about the money aspect. Most people who follow football will have reasonable knowledge of costing in players and whether it’s a true reflection of ability. It also gives you a measure of those managing the club and how committed they are.

Ah HA! 'I'm more of a fan than you cos I care if we've sold enough Cleverley shirts'

Lets see how it works out. I have massive doubts about the wisdom of this type of transfer policy. It looks mad and I believe in time it'll be borne out that it was and we'll shake our heads about how it could have been left to happen.
What do you mean 'how it could have been left to happen', we're on a forum here mate not the board, we don't make the transfers we just rock up to the match in hope that whoever we buy and plays can do the beautiful blue shirt proud and get us where we want to be! so please kindly stop acting like you're personally paying for these players and take your opinion to another thread, we're all a bit sick of you being a WUM here.

I generally find Connor and Ijjy to be trustworthy, so I look forward to seeing Scheniderlin sign for the mighty blues. Hopefully for a fee that makes Dave really angry.
If we didn't, what would be the real point of signing him? This should be our goal with every transfer.

Lets see how it works out. I have massive doubts about the wisdom of this type of transfer policy. It looks mad and I believe in time it'll be borne out that it was and we'll shake our heads about how it could have been left to happen.

You know what I think the main problem is here from a fans POV.

Dave is worried that we will waste big money on average players. probably not used to Everton spending big.
Those who disagree with dave are also not used to spending money, so they are happy to just see a change in fortunes.

Common theme is that both sets of views are the product of us having money to spend, when most of us are probably used to Everton buying cheap and scrimping and saving every last dime.

That's why im in the middle, happy we have money but also hate the idea that we are unlikely to find another Arteta, Lescott, Baines, Pienaar or cahill for £5m a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back