Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's going to happen, it needs completing in the next few days so he has a chance of being in the squad on Sunday.

I doubt very many people expected him to be signed in time for yesterday's game, so I'm not arsed if it takes two or three days from now.

If we have to pay full whack this week to do that then yea, just hand the cash over, but if we save two or three million over what we were being asked to pay last week, then that's two or three million to put towards buying some kid for the future.

There won't be a limitless pot of cash to play with, so we need to get the balance right. I'd grant you that we've been too cautious in the past, but it's not at a "do or die" time yet

TL;DR ?

If we've completed by the end of play on Wednesday then no real harm has been done. If it goes on longer than that then we're dragging our heels.

*looks in mirror, feels content.
He was our #1 target mate. We may have won on the weekend with him, which may have paid the extra money involved with a cup run.
Should have been done the first few days of the window like Lookman was. Pay extra if needed.

If it isn't done this week before the City game then Mr Moshiri needs to act.

He was our #1 target mate. We may have won on the weekend with him, which may have paid the extra money involved with a cup run.
Should have been done the first few days of the window like Lookman was. Pay extra if needed.

If it isn't done this week before the City game then Mr Moshiri needs to act.

You ITK mate?

I bet the conversations are going like this;

Utd: we want what we paid for him and not a penny less.

Efc: how about £22m?

Utd: I see what you're doing, no, we want exactly what we paid for him.

Efc: £22.5m?

Utd: you realise we don't need to sell, we're minted and not remotely arsed if he sits rotting in the ressies. Cough up.

Efc: ok ok fine, £23.9m?

Utd: o_O ...

honestly, that's how i do things on football manager ha. Don't want to be paying 200k more than i need to ha

Or we could just say your making figures up to suit your argument ;)

I will say that £24m with inflation is the new £13.5m so schneiderlin is a upgrade on Niasse.
You credit me with a degree deviousness and mathematical skill far in advance of reality.
I knew fees hadn't doubled and, based on what I would've paid for Bolassie Vs the actual, called it 70% as a ballpark figure.
When i actually used a calculator, well who'd of guessed it, you could've knocked me down with a feather etc. etc.
*holds up both hands in shrugging motion - why would I lie to you, *cut to the quick here and no mistake.

*rolls eyes - there's always one.

We may have won on the weekend with him, which may have paid the extra money involved with a cup run.

Ifs, buts and maybes mate.
We should have had enough to beat Leicester without him.

I agree we need him this week though.

Any news on the Souvlaki signing mate?

That's a pitta-nce in comparison

It's OK, I'm putting my coat on as I type ...

That's a pitta-nce in comparison

It's OK, I'm putting my coat on as I type ...
souvlaki.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back