Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that basis would you sell deulofeu for 3mil then? 70% of our fans value him at 9mil or more. The market has gone up since utd signed schnederlin. We wont get a better player for less.

So that also means Niasse is a £13million player then??

Nothing to do with market value. He's a player who has been told he's no longer wanted by the club. Wanting the full price they paid for him is bonkers.

He's two years older when they bought him.
He's two years less on his contract
He's surplus to requirements

However, due to "market value" his value has not dropped from £24million.

Bottom line for me is that...its January. We're panicking. More than one club is interested in him. United will flog to the highest bidder. We won't or don't want to pay that and I'm sure other clubs won't either. Hence United will drag their heels until theres one bid and everyone backs off.

Or we just cough up the full fee and they laugh to the bank (they dont need it really).

Its more down to where we stand as a club than market value. We spend the £24mill on him, anyone else we look to get their club add another couple mill on top.

Nothing to do with market value. He's a player who has been told he's no longer wanted by the club. Wanting the full price they paid for him is bonkers.

Bottom line for me is that...its January. We're panicking. More than one club is interested in him. United will flog to the highest bidder. We won't or don't want to pay that and I'm sure other clubs won't either. Hence United will drag their heels until theres one bid and everyone backs off.

Or we just cough up the full fee and they laugh to the bank (they dont need it really).

Its more down to where we stand as a club than market value. We spend the £24mill on him, anyone else we look to get their club add another couple mill on top.

United arent adding any money on.

Their stance has been clear, they want 24m and will not accept anything less.

We simply cant afford to wait and see if they blink, they wont blink, pay up and move on.

To be fair Koeman called for signings yesterday and I'm sure he was referring specifically to the Schniederlin deal. Most teams having success play with two defensive midfielders and in my opinion Gana and Morgan together would be a formidable partnership.

With regards to the 'delay' over getting the deal completed, it could be that we don't want to get a reputation as pushovers in the negotiations, even if we have been told that we are loaded now. I was thinking that if the Depay deal is still an option then this deal will have additional ramifications should we be trying to get both transfers done.

Like everyone else I just want better players in. I'd also like for Koeman to be given the time and finances to get us going forward.

We are not panicking.

We need a player in this role. He is the No.1 target. We should be getting the deal done.

I'm not saying we need to be paying over the odds, or that he'd have made a huge difference yesterday, but due to our poor end to the summer window, we're backed into a corner.

The deal should be wrapped up. Hopefully it is and we can move onto the others (whoever they are) and get them done quickly.

I bet the conversations are going like this;

Utd: we want what we paid for him and not a penny less.

Efc: how about £22m?

Utd: I see what you're doing, no, we want exactly what we paid for him.

Efc: £22.5m?

Utd: you realise we don't need to sell, we're minted and not remotely arsed if he sits rotting in the ressies. Cough up.

Efc: ok ok fine, £23.9m?

Utd: o_O ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back