Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that also means Niasse is a £13million player then??

Nothing to do with market value. He's a player who has been told he's no longer wanted by the club. Wanting the full price they paid for him is bonkers.

He's two years older when they bought him.
He's two years less on his contract
He's surplus to requirements

However, due to "market value" his value has not dropped from £24million.

Bottom line for me is that...its January. We're panicking. More than one club is interested in him. United will flog to the highest bidder. We won't or don't want to pay that and I'm sure other clubs won't either. Hence United will drag their heels until theres one bid and everyone backs off.

Or we just cough up the full fee and they laugh to the bank (they dont need it really).

Its more down to where we stand as a club than market value. We spend the £24mill on him, anyone else we look to get their club add another couple mill on top.

The difference being niasse was never worth 13mil but schnederlin had spurs and utd bith bidding a similar figure 2 summers in a row. We over paid for niasse. In this market schnederlin is worth the money. We need to just pay it an move forward.

Can't you just warn these posters in a private message, instead of breaking your own rules and clogging up threads?

Schneiderlin, I think this deal will be agreed before the Tuesday cut off date. After the FA Cup loss, and the loss of Gana this will be a boost that we need before the City game.

Can't you just warn these posters in a private message, instead of breaking your own rules and clogging up threads?

Schneiderlin, I think this deal will be agreed before the Tuesday cut off date. After the FA Cup loss, and the loss of Gana this will be a boost that we need before the City game.

What do you mean by Tuesday's cut off date, mate?

If we get the player who played at the level he did for soton hes a bargain in my opinion, just pay it, in our situation we need the boost, he could recover his confidence and be a huge player for us

Exactly. He'll put his Man United career down to a failure, and will be hungry to put it right with us. He'll stabilise the midfield, him and Gana will compliment each other very well.

If we're arguing over £3-4m, we're still living with the small time mentality. Step up Mr Moshiri, and show the little boys how the big boys do things.

Small time penny pinching same old Everton.
Whoever is haggling over the fee needs sacking immediately. Absolute joke.
If anyone in here is saying otherwise, take a look at yourselves.

If it's going to happen, it needs completing in the next few days so he has a chance of being in the squad on Sunday.

I doubt very many people expected him to be signed in time for yesterday's game, so I'm not arsed if it takes two or three days from now.

If we have to pay full whack this week to do that then yea, just hand the cash over, but if we save two or three million over what we were being asked to pay last week, then that's two or three million to put towards buying some kid for the future.

There won't be a limitless pot of cash to play with, so we need to get the balance right. I'd grant you that we've been too cautious in the past, but it's not at a "do or die" time yet

TL;DR ?

If we've completed by the end of play on Wednesday then no real harm has been done. If it goes on longer than that then we're dragging our heels.

*looks in mirror, feels content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back