Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if we sign such a player you would then be happy with Schneids signing?!
As I said in the post, assuming he improves our starting XI, which almost everyone seems to think is a given, then why wouldn't you be happy. That's completely irrespective of any other purchase we make, either in this window or future ones.

The point I'm making is that my own priority for this window was a playmaker type player, because that is something we are completely lacking at the moment and I thought it would complement our squad better. But anybody who improves the starting XI has to be a welcome addition.

I think people might say we dont need need him because they dont fully understand what he can offer the side.

Of course we needed him, we have to make the squad better, we have money to spend but as the summer window showed there might be players we want that we cant attract, but when we do have the chance to get better players that will make the squad better we have to follow them up.

Put it this way, a lot of United fans were very disapointed they sold him, if they think he is good enough to be a United player but dosent fit into the way Jose wants to play that dosent make him a reject like Gibson was, just the wrong player for the system, but should be the right player for ours.

Dont forget Barkley cant defend, at times he dosent even try, if Morgan can do it for him and let Barkley just worry about the attack it will be a great pick up for a decent price.

he has improved massively at this

McCarthy is bang average. And needs to be shipped out. We won't get anywhere with that standard of player, around our 1st team.
Bit harsh in my opinion. A fully fit (which he hasn't been for nearly 2 years) and fully motivated McCarthy is a very good premier standard player. He would prove to be an excellent back up player for us, but he wouldn't be content with this so his days with us are numbered. No worries, we have Besic coming back and Walsh to bring through from the academy. we're well covered in that area.

He is limited with the ball at his feet, which is why we have brought in upgrades, but he is still, on his day, a very effective defensive midfielder.

As I said in the post, assuming he improves our starting XI, which almost everyone seems to think is a given, then why wouldn't you be happy. That's completely irrespective of any other purchase we make, either in this window or future ones.

The point I'm making is that my own priority for this window was a playmaker type player, because that is something we are completely lacking at the moment and I thought it would complement our squad better. But anybody who improves the starting XI has to be a welcome addition.

We want a playmaker, and we want him now

In fairness, Gana is only "gone" for a month. McCarthy wants out because he's not getting a game. Davies has come through to be bosser than we probably expected, and we have Walsh waiting in the wings who I think is going to be even better. Mo is back in training and Barry, if used sensibly, is still a very good player. Remember he played in both our games against Man City and Palace and didn't appear to be a weak link.

I'm not against the Schneids signing. Far from it. If he improves our starting XI then it's excellent business. At some stage we had to replace/upgrade Barry anyway.

However, if we bought just one player this window I would have preferred it to have been a playmaker type. Whether that be a number 10 or a winger with guile I don't mind. Just somebody who is excellent from dead balls, has great vision and could help us break down teams who park the bus. We have literally nobody who can fill that role at the moment which is why it would be my priority.

It looks increasingly unlikely that we're going to bring in that type of player this window. The next four home games are all against teams who I expect to park the bus and my fear is that we drop points in what should be straightforward winnable games. Having the best group of defensive midfielders in the league isn't going to help in that scenario.

But if there is no player available you can't sign them can you?

Let's say you have an imaginary 11 that you want to sign... and one of those becomes available and is interested... lets say that other teams are bidding for that player... you simply have to sign him...

I'm also a big believer that one of the reasons we can't seem to beat teams that park the bus is down to Barry.... we have to play at such a slow tempo we are easy to defend against and we are also a lot easier to counter attack... Davies is playing well... but he isn't a top class midfielder yet... and the difference he has made has been awesome... but not all of it is down to him IMO... I think that Barry not being there is also part of our recent upturn in results

But if there is no player available you can't sign them can you?

Let's say you have an imaginary 11 that you want to sign... and one of those becomes available and is interested... lets say that other teams are bidding for that player... you simply have to sign him...

I'm also a big believer that one of the reasons we can't seem to beat teams that park the bus is down to Barry.... we have to play at such a slow tempo we are easy to defend against and we are also a lot easier to counter attack... Davies is playing well... but he isn't a top class midfielder yet... and the difference he has made has been awesome... but not all of it is down to him IMO... I think that Barry not being there is also part of our recent upturn in results
Can't argue with any of that mate. I thought your previous post was a bit dismissive if our existing CMs which is why I replied to it.

Now Gana is back we are overloaded in that position and thats before Besic returns. Barry now relegated to 4th choice at best.

I wouldnt take any other teams CMs over ours, but that doesnt alter ny belief that it will help us break down teams that park the bus. Would love to be proved wrong.

I'll say again, I've no issue with the actual signing of Schneids, or any other player that improves the starting XI. I'm just disappointed that we haven't managed to sign a playmaker too as we have nobody of that ilk. Fully accept nothing we can do if the right player wasnt available, but that doesnt stop me being disappointed.

Made up to have a winner in the squad lads. Hopefully he can pass his experience on to our promising youngsters and get the winning mentality embedded throughout the team.

martialfa.jpg

Made up to have a winner in the squad lads. Hopefully he can pass his experience on to our promising youngsters and get the winning mentality embedded throughout the team.

martialfa.jpg

But I thought he had no career honours mate? Is this photoshopped?

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back