Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he did very well yesterday, it is going to be tough with all of the bodies we have in that position to see who plays when. I liked that Davies was moving up more in the later parts of the game, I almost lost it when I thought he scored on that header as well as both of Lookman's attempts

And this is a somehow a bad thing then? I see.....

All of this boils down to you thinking that you know better than Koeman with regards to Schneiderlin. We paid the going rate for that player - fact. Had WBA not been our rivals for him then we might have been able to play the waiting game until the end of the window and shave a £m or so off the price paid, but the market dictated the price.
You are paying no attention whatsoever to what the market is telling you regarding fee's demanded of PL clubs outside the financial elite.

The elite are having to pay in the £30Ms; the rest of the PL are still shopping in the £10M-£20M mark for their very biggest acquisitions; then there's Everton over-reaching itself paying massive mid-£20M fees for players who are palpably NOT top class.

We are defying the law of the market at the moment in PL terms.

THE LAW OF THE MARKET OH NO LADS

IMG_4247.webp

IMG_4248.webp

Robbie Brady - went for £13m, yes that's Robbie Brady.....

Palace paid £14m for Van Arnolt ffs.

Snodgrass at 29 with 6 months left on his contract went for £10m.....

You're trying to compare the prices of a couple of years back with todays bloated new TV deal era fees.

In any case, Schneiderlin will prove to be a boss player for Everton, so seriously, who cares?
Yes, and Everton paid £25M for Bolasie and £24M for Scheiderlin.

Thanks, you;re making my point for me.

I agree with you on McCarthy and he's a decent players. Would you have sold for 16 million?

I look at lads like Robbie Brady going for 13 million and feel the fee is ok. The issue is how do we fit all players in.

There is an issue of sell on but we wouldn't be able to sign players of Schneiderlins ability who would have a sell on value. That's the catch 22 we are in.
I'd see how McCarthy's injury hold sup and then decide season;s end. If it;s a thing of the past or manageable then it;s a no brainer he stays. 26 years old and we'll get a sell on fee in a year or two and he is a willing worker with lots of experience for Everton.

...I agree about McCarthy's injury record being a potential problem. He's playing flat out because he has to, it will be a test for those hamstrings. McCarthy is in demand because he is very effective when fit but I don't for one minute think he's got the dimension to his game that Schneiderlin has. He is a much better footballer than McCarthy, just watch him receive the ball on the spin and his range of passes.
I agree. It's better to compare Gueye or Davies with McCarthy.

You are paying no attention whatsoever to what the market is telling you regarding fee's demanded of PL clubs outside the financial elite.

The elite are having to pay in the £30Ms; the rest of the PL are still shopping in the £10M-£20M mark for their very biggest acquisitions; then there's Everton over-reaching itself paying massive mid-£20M fees for players who are palpably NOT top class.

I'm wondering if you have ever had a positive post on here? Sure we paid a lot for Schneiderlin and Bolasie but that is what it is going to take. Is it your money that is being spent? I'm unsure of how Bolasie will do with his injury but from what I have seen with Morgan he has been good for us. Take a breath dude

What part of WBA bid over £20m for Schneiderlin are you struggling with?

How could we have got him at the price you've decided is his true value when someone else had bid more than that price?

Seriously man, go give your head a wobble, you making less sense than Prof on rawk FFS.

I agree. It's better to compare Gueye or Davies with McCarthy.

..although Davies already looks like he's got more to his game. He really looks to utilise space behind his opponent and that little one-two he played to burst in the box was encouraging. Be interesting to see how Davies develops.

What part of WBA bid over £20m for Schneiderlin are you struggling with?

How could we have got him at the price you've decided is his true value when someone else had bid more than that price?

Seriously man, go give your head a wobble, you making less sense than Prof on rawk FFS.

Your anger is fuelling him mate. Simply laugh and mock, or don't respond at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back