Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
groundhog-day.jpg

Yes they do. When you spend a set amount of cash, it is spent.

Perhaps you forgot the Moshiri AGM sttatement about a small window available to invest and then the club has to be self sustaining.

There is no bottomless pit of cash at this club for players. Either Lukaku or Barkley or even both will be sold in the summer and that will cover a lot/all our spending so far. So, you see, you really SHOULD care about prices paid.

Isnt the net spend about even though, improved quality, for less players we dont want.

I care, but not enough to not give a toss about what some people spout. We all have opinions and try to pass them off as facts, in the hope that we will get noticed, but in the end we are all just about as ITD (in the dark) as each other. All I do know for sure is that I FEEL a lot better about Everton now than at any stage over the last few years and I think that goes for the majority.

We don't control the market, the prices have risen in line with the increase in TV income, it's all relative.

Moshiri's comments were accurate, as there's rules on level of losses permitted under both UEFA and PL FFP, together with the wage level increase cap.

Of course the club will therefore have to become self sustaining in the future, same as Chelsea and City have done.

None of which makes your bleating about the fee we've paid for Schneiderlin in any way relevant.
Nonsense. That doesn't stack up. It doesn't account for the fact that Everton this season are one of only three clubs outside the financial elite clubs to spend 20 odd million on players - the others being Leicester with Slimani and Palace with Benteke.

This is not the going rate. The bulk of PL clubs this season are paying fees between £10M and £20M for their most expensive purchases.

As said, we have a manager who wants to get to the front of the queue to get his preferred players in and that is costing us an awful lot more than we should be paying.

Nonsense. That doesn't stack up. It doesn't account for the fact that Everton this season are one of only three clubs outside the financial elite clubs to spend 20 odd million on players - the others being Leicester with Slimani and Palace with Benteke.

This is not the going rate. The bulk of PL clubs this season are paying fees between £10M and £20M.

As said, we have a manager who wants to get to the front of the queue to get his preferred players in and that is costing us an awful lot more than we should be paying.

Arguably this makes us financially elite though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back