Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha i remember the days mate, when you would give us loads for not ponying up, the times mate! lol;)
We had the cash to compete with clubs below us back then. We didn't do that. Hence the stick. It wasn't a request for Everton to spend like a drunken sailor for mediocrity.

Because selling teams wont attempt to squeeze out the extra cash from our peer group clubs. They have all the indicators though that this manager of ours will look to pay big in order to go to the front of the queue for what are quite average to good players.

They're only average to good in your opinion though. Which you over rate wildly of course.

If they are the players he wants why be arsed how much they are? I'd want whoever the manager was to do, and have the ability to do this.

You'll notice we backed out of a couple of deals this window. Good. It means we aren't getting in any old crap anymore.

Please dont tell me you're comparing Lukaku with this feller?

When we bought Rom, we probably paid over the odds and we've probably paid over the odds for Morgan. Rom's price looks very low now and I'm sure Morgans will as well in one or two years......

I think your right, i think he wants to get the ball forward as quickly as possible and the flanks will be important in that, i think the breakdown/second phase is important tot he system as well, you want Barkley et all coming into support doing a Lampard in the breakdown or second phase. I do think that can happen centrally as well though, if Snedis or Gueye can release barkley centrally he may have Lookman, Mirralas and Rom on their bike in the play ahead of him, i dont think the two things are mutually exclusive.
Want to know how Everton will look in a years time? Go and take a look at that Palace team under Pulis a couple of years back. We'll be a very expensively assembled powerful and pacy team. Some will like the directness and the energy expended, some will wonder where the hell the creativity of an Everton team is. Ill be firmly in the latter camp.

Im comparing the cost.

When we bought Rom, we probably paid over the odds and we've probably paid over the odds for Morgan. Rom's price looks very low now and I'm sure Morgans will as well in one or two years......

The fee might have caused eyebrows to be raised, but by then we knew already from experience of a season with him in the team that he would be crucial to the set up and strikers like him are a premium.

We had the cash to compete with clubs below us back then. We didn't do that. Hence the stick. It wasn't a request for Everton to spend like a drunken sailor for mediocrity.

Its how you judge his quality mate, he looks a good one.

Pick apart his profile, hes come to us from the most successful club in the land, he won a trophy last season, hes a French international, he was part of the Southampton team that qualified for Europe which for them is relative success. Thats pretty decent for 4.3 mill a season. Id say we paid the going rate, admittedly eye watering sums, but the Pl exisits in vacum, well apart form players being transferred between Championship clubs for over 10 mill.

Was it Leicester who signed a lad from Belgium for 18 mill who cant get near their first time to replace Kante, Ndidi, i think.

Not a bargain though by any stretch. WBA ruled themselves out before it reached £20M.

Everton overpaid here by at least £6/7M, and, imo, more than that given the circumstances that he was in not in United's plans. Jose done us there.
WBA made a number of bids for him, the last one being £24m in total

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ade-Manchester-United-ace-Morgan-Schneiderlin

They dropped out when the player made it known he wanted to come here, as confirmed by Pulis

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-boss-tony-pulis-12445306

We paid £20m with a further £4m in potential ad ons.

Other than all of the facts, you're spot on though.

They're only average to good in your opinion though. Which you over rate wildly of course.

If they are the players he wants why be arsed how much they are? I'd want whoever the manager was to do, and have the ability to do this.

You'll notice we backed out of a couple of deals this window. Good. It means we aren't getting in any old crap anymore.
Forget all the Moshiri spin, our resources are finite. We have a lot of first team positions that need filling and that will cost. £50M for Schneiderlin and Bolasie...I swear to God in a few years time we;ll be looking back at these purchases and shaking our heads in disbelief. The pair taken together are worth £25M....a very generous £25M.

Want to know how Everton will look in a years time? Go and take a look at that Palace team under Pulis a couple of years back. We'll be a very expensively assembled powerful and pacy team. Some will like the directness and the energy expended, some will wonder where the hell the creativity of an Everton team is. Ill be firmly in the latter camp.

I think your right mate, i think Koeman will make us very functional, we do need a bit of that though as opposed to previous free for all, i know you like a Martinez style and personally i would like a little bit more creativity, but i wouldnt argue with you assessment and its what i expect as well, hes pragamtic coach/manager, the Palace comparison is a bit hyperbole though. :)

Its how you judge his quality mate, he looks a good one.

Pick apart his profile, hes come to us from the most successful club in the land, he won a trophy last season, hes a French international, he was part of the Southampton team that qualified for Europe which for them is relative success. Thats pretty decent for 4.3 mill a season. Id say we paid the going rate, admittedly eye watering sums, but the Pl exisits in vacum, well apart form players being transferred between Championship clubs for over 10 mill.

Was it Leicester who signed a lad from Belgium for 18 mill who cant get near their first time to replace Kante, Ndidi, i think.
I wish you would pick that apart...the devil is in the detail: he was a bit part player in that cup run and his international career is modest.

WBA made a number of bids for him, the last one being £24m in total

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ade-Manchester-United-ace-Morgan-Schneiderlin

They dropped out when the player made it known he wanted to come here, as confirmed by Pulis

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-boss-tony-pulis-12445306

We paid £20m with a further £4m in potential ad ons.

Other than all of the facts, you're spot on though.
"The Express can reveal"

Pissing meself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back