Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike using cliche but schienderlin is out metronome. He controls the tempo and dictates the game very well not quite like the top midfielders or the arteta of old. But he also has very good defensive capabilities making him an excellent holding mid as well.

I think he's good from what I've seen. No more than that. And lets face it, he;s ben here a very short period.

Unless you want to play Cleverley, Gibson (gone), Besic, McCarthy etc as starters and you think they're all the same in terms of quality. Schneiderlin is a massive upgrade.

I think the difference Morgan will have in the team will be telling over time rather than instant if that makes sense? He isn't the type like signing a boss striker who scores loads but 18 months time you can look back at see what he brings to the team and the difference he makes over what we had before. Davies over a longer time frame will probably be the same if he is still here.
Exactly.

Cleverley was a free signing. Koeman could afford to throw over £20M at Schneiderlin. The only big investment made by Martinez on a player was on Lukaku. Need I say more?

It does not matter whether he is free or not you got to pay his wages and a relatively big signing on fee. He is just not good enough while the joker thought there is no better technical English player than Clv. See the difference?

I think he's good from what I've seen. No more than that. And lets face it, he;s ben here a very short period.
You obviously didn't see him playing for Saints then, it was the last time he played under a manager who understood his playing strengths, he seems to be getting back to that level. hes a very good signing by a manager who will be under pressure this summer when and if Ross and rom go, I think some credit is due, a slice of humble pie might help along the way.

Seen a lot worse, such as the mess we were in at Anfield when he was missing. He is a fantastic player and its a big credit to Koeman that a player that could easily of gone to any number of clubs, incluing better clubs then us, came to Everton.
Another Jose blunder this one.
Let's see what happens over the long term. I know in today's football it's all about what happened in the last game and fickleness is all around us, but I'll stick with judging a player after a lot more exposure to him than the dozen games he's been involved with for Everton.

I think the difference Morgan will have in the team will be telling over time rather than instant if that makes sense? He isn't the type like signing a boss striker who scores loads but 18 months time you can look back at see what he brings to the team and the difference he makes over what we had before. Davies over a longer time frame will probably be the same if he is still here.

If you compare Schneiderlin with the CM under Martinez, hands on your heart, do you think any of the player are better than Schneiderlin in doing the job?

Arteta 06-09 was immense.

Schneiderlin is class. Oozes it.
Although they have do have similar elements to their play, a direct comparison of the two as made by some isn't a fair comparison.

As you mention, there's no doubt that Arteta in his heyday was a creative dream and ran our midfield through his creativity and flair.

Morgan perhaps doesn't have that flair, but his reading of the game and positioning is terrific and he controls the tempo in a different way.

It's subtle but effective; there's no panache about his game but rather he does an awful lot in a very discrete way that's to some unnoticeable.

When he plays however, all the players in front of him have far more license to be creative and those behind him can rely on a lot of support.

Unless you want to play Cleverley, Gibson (gone), Besic, McCarthy etc as starters and you think they're all the same in terms of quality. Schneiderlin is a massive upgrade.
Is he? Take a look back at the McCarthy thread and you'll find the same viewpoints there two and three seasons ago.

Time will tell what he offers and how important he is. Us and WBA wanted him after his Man Utd debacle. Let's not forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back