Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. I'd seen him before and taken note of what a limited player he was while at Palace...like the vast majority of Everton supporters.

Schneiderlin just never registered with me. He was like Ramirez at Southampton...I knew the name but their game didn't stand out so I just didn't watch too intensely.

You know I only poke you to make sure you keep yo game up bro.

Thought he was good against Boro. Stoke he didn't protect the ball enough and against Spurs he was poor. Apart from that he has been one of our best performers in every game.
Still means he's not earned the type of adulation he's getting.

He's a player in a team that's doing ok. He's above average in that team.

Shy do we need to go further than that?

The guy is class! He's not had the game time at united and has walked straight into our first team and you can just tell how comfortable he is on the ball and the way he dictates play. After a run of games and pre-season I expect us to have a player bossing it 100% and in his prime.

Still means he's not earned the type of adulation he's getting.

He's a player in a team that's doing ok. He's above average in that team.

Shy do we need to go further than that?

The guy is class! He's not had the game time at united and has walked straight into our first team and you can just tell how comfortable he is on the ball and the way he dictates play. After a run of games and pre-season I expect us to have a player bossing it 100% and in his prime.
He;s a good player. Are you under the impression I dont think he is?

Got to love Dave's consistency here. He can't stand Koeman or any player he has signed. His dislike of Schneiderlin is just an extension of this theme. Its hilarious how stubborn he remains in spite of volumes of evidence to the contrary. Guaranteed that next year, if Schneiderlin does well that he'll still not be good enough for the shirt. Its all couched in the "since they arent the best player or manager on earth, they arent good enough for everton," uberfan bs. Really, its nothing more than Dave being wrong about more things than not and never once willing to admit it. Brilliant entertainment, better than the last 2 seasons of Moyes or Martinez.

Got to love Dave's consistency here. He can't stand Koeman or any player he has signed. His dislike of Schneiderlin is just an extension of this theme. Its hilarious how stubborn he remains in spite of volumes of evidence to the contrary. Guaranteed that next year, if Schneiderlin does well that he'll still not be good enough for the shirt. Its all couched in the "since they arent the best player or manager on earth, they arent good enough for everton," uberfan bs. Really, its nothing more than Dave being wrong about more things than not and never once willing to admit it. Brilliant entertainment, better than the last 2 seasons of Moyes or Martinez.
Geuye and Schneiderlin have been hits (I just dont go OTT about them and call them world class); Williams and Bolasie are fails imo (though I also say I dont blame Koeman for Williams, as I too wanted him in); Lookman the jury's out on.

How does that ^^^ judgement deviate too much from most people's views on here over Koeman's signings?

Interesting article in today's Times on Morgan...hes well impressed with RK. I like the little cameo about The Winslow which Ive inserted below

‘I was mad as I knew I could play for United every week’
Morgan Schneiderlin tells Paul Joyce he became so unhappy at Old Trafford that he could not bear to attend matches but is thriving after joining Everton

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...-i-could-play-for-united-every-week-9q9dl32fc
It is not simply Schneiderlin who has immersed himself successfully into life at Everton. His fiancée, Camille, whom he will marry in the south of France this summer, visited the Winslow pub in the shadow of Goodison Park on Sunday in her replica shirt and scarf for a pre-match drink before the win over Leicester City.

“I had two cousins and one uncle at the game and they wanted to have a drink before,” he says. “She said they got out of the bar at 3.45pm and they were in the stadium in their seats at 3.48pm.

“Just because we are footballers, we don’t forget where we came from. It is nice to do this kind of thing.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back