Most talented player we've had in the PL era?

Most talented player we've had in the PL era?

• Total voters
I think Rooney was unbelievable and probably should have been even better than he was , potentially a generational talent but did we see the best of him ? I know he was young but I’m not convinced we did , united fans got the glory years really . The lad who scored the debut hat trick for united looks miles ahead of the kid who’d played the previous dozen games for us .

As I said earlier for me kanchelskis is the only player who whilst with us really pushes at that 80’s squad for the best XI or squad . I do think for talent though james, just skill not overall ability and the rest , takes some beating .

I hear this all the time but come on, look at his numbers/awards. I don't want to say it's disrespectful but deff seems irrational. It comes off as old grudges.

I understand the Rooney shouts but

The disrespect on Baines

One in a million
Baines was nowhere near Rooney as a Footballer, as great as Baines was for us.

There is a reason why Baines played for an Everton side fighting for the top 6, and never won anything in his career, while Rooney moved to one of the biggest clubs in the World, won all there is to win, and became one of Englands greatest ever players.

Baines was nowhere near Rooney as a Footballer, as great as Baines was for us.

There is a reason why Baines played for an Everton side fighting for the top 6, and never won anything in his career, while Rooney moved to one of the biggest clubs in the World, won all there is to win, and became one of Englands greatest ever players.
congratulations!

Not saying it is but that's how it seems when you look at his time in the game. He had a marvelous career, just at the wrong club.
I think he had an incredible career , broke records everywhere . However I watched as a kid and in my opinion he should be spoken about in the terms of Messi and Ronaldo . I think we were looking at a generational talent but for a variety of reasons , including lifestyle but also that Ferguson (who I think is a phenomenal manager ) was happy to move him about rather than say Ronaldo .

Regardless of my opinion Writers are already talking as if Bellingham will rival Rooney , if he does it’s because the trajectory of Rooney’s career didn’t reach the heights it could have . That doesn’t mean it wasn’t amazing , because it was , but do you think he had the talent to win a ballon d’or because I do . I think Ronaldo won another ballon d’or at the age Rooney was back at Goodison and how many trophies did him and messi win after the age of 31 when Rooney had returned because it’s a few and there is champions league in there .

To recognise Rooney is an unbelievable player and to recognise his incredible achievements but also to say I believed he should have ended his career being in the discussion of who is the greatest player of this modern generation isn’t I believe because I’m carrying some kind of grudge. It’s because on occasion I watched something special and appreciated the talent on show .

I think Rooney was unbelievable and probably should have been even better than he was , potentially a generational talent but did we see the best of him ? I know he was young but I’m not convinced we did , united fans got the glory years really . The lad who scored the debut hat trick for united looks miles ahead of the kid who’d played the previous dozen games for us .

As I said earlier for me kanchelskis is the only player who whilst with us really pushes at that 80’s squad for the best XI or squad . I do think for talent though james, just skill not overall ability and the rest , takes some beating .
No potentially about it. He was a generational talent and I'd be amazed if we see his like again.

Shame United got his best years.

I suppose the question is a bit open, really. It doesn't specify that Everton had to have had them at their peak.

No potentially about it. He was a generational talent and I'd be amazed if we see his like again.

Shame United got his best years.

I suppose the question is a bit open, really. It doesn't specify that Everton had to have had them at their peak.
He was. look I don’t think we’re massively arguing , my point is I think with the potential he had he should be spoken of with the likes of messi & Ronaldo and he just isn’t . There are a couple of factors responsible for that but my opinion , right or wrong , isn’t based on any hatred or bad feeling for the lad who I think is a footballing star .

As regards Everton we didn’t really see that apart from flashes , typically, in my opinion his best performance was one he didn’t score but could have had about 5 against Bolton and was as good as anything I’ve ever seen ,

Neville Southall was the absolute best in the world in his position at one time however that predated the PL. I cannot express my love for this man enough.

If the question is at any point in their career it simply has to be him.

If the question is specifically during the PL era then Wayne Rooney slightly pips Kanchelskis to it for me.

If the question further then is while they were with us in the PL, surely has to be split between Kanchelskis or Lukaku and as much as I loved Andrei, Lukaku was more consistent and present longer.

So yeah lol

congratulations!
No idea what you mean, maybe you can explain...

Baines is one of my favourite players in the PL era, but some of our fans delude themselves about how good our players are.

Players on that list like Southall, Rooney, Kanchelskis and James Rodrigues have the top honours to back up any claims. They also played for some of the best clubs in Europe at that time.

Baines was great in an Everton side that won nothing and was finishing between 5th-8th.

Shout for Louis Saha.

Incredible striker on his day. Probably the best I’ve seen when he was on it.

Had absolutely everything.
This is true tbf, always gets overlooked because of his injuries, left foot back to goal always seem to spin and lash it bottom corner

Neville Southall was the absolute best in the world in his position at one time however that predated the PL. I cannot express my love for this man enough.

If the question is at any point in their career it simply has to be him.

If the question is specifically during the PL era then Wayne Rooney slightly pips Kanchelskis to it for me.

If the question further then is while they were with us in the PL, surely has to be split between Kanchelskis or Lukaku and as much as I loved Andrei, Lukaku was more consistent and present longer.

So yeah lol
Will be absolutely criminal if he's not included in the goodison park farewell that the club is planning.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back