Moyes leaves in the summer; british or foreign manager? prem exp or lower leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was never offered the Liverpool job he was interviewed. However that interview proves he is held in much higher asteam than your preferable choice of those mentioned - Chris Houghton.

Him staying at Wigan proves loyalty more than anything, the fact that he turned down Aston Villa also proved hes not stupid. Look at the turmoil there now.

Say he's loyal and I'll agree entirely. But don't tell me he's ambitious. When he's turned down any club where there's the slightest bit of expectation.

Because he's at wigan and he's stayed there for four years while it's blatantly clear that everyone involved is happy to finish 17th.

That's not ambition.

He turned down liverpool precisely because they'd have higher expectations of him.

We don't exactly know what happened with Liverpool, but from what I see from the outside is yes, he started the Swansea revolution, and Brendan Rodgers took over from him and made out he was the guy who invented tiki taka.

He has also has kept what I believe is the worst team in the league up multiple times, and got them playing a brand of football what does get them wins now and again, but as we know, when playing expansive pretty football it always leaves you exposed at the back.

Speaking of his transfer dealings, I don't think he has ever had over the sum of 1.5M (region) to spend so we can't accurately discuss his success in the window.

The way he sets up his teams, with better players at his disposal he would pick up alot more points. Thats just guaranteed.

It isn't though, is it. We don't spend that much more than Wigan, so why would we have better players? The reason we have them now is because Moyes bought them. When Moyes goes, there's no guarantee that those better players will stay.

We don't exactly know what happened with Liverpool, but from what I see from the outside is yes, he started the Swansea revolution, and Brendan Rodgers took over from him and made out he was the guy who invented tiki taka.

He has also has kept what I believe is the worst team in the league up multiple times, and got them playing a brand of football what does get them wins now and again, but as we know, when playing expansive pretty football it always leaves you exposed at the back.

Speaking of his transfer dealings, I don't think he has ever had over the sum of 1.5M (region) to spend so we can't accurately discuss his success in the window.

He's spent 33 million at wigan including 5 million on ramis, 6 and a half million on bosselli and 2 million on scotland.

And they play awful football a lot of the time.

They're not the cheepast squad in the league, they're not the squad with the least investment and they're not the squad with the lowest wage bill. They finish about where finanically they deserve to, do terribly in cups and finish lower in the league then they did under Bruce and jewell.

Say he's loyal and I'll agree entirely. But don't tell me he's ambitious. When he's turned down any club where there's the slightest bit of expectation.

You're clueless on managers mate, shockingly clueless. Mancini an now Martinez.

Aston Villa is a graveyard for any manager at present. Ambition is moving on to bigger better things. He was clever enough not to go to there proved by where they are now.

It isn't though, is it. We don't spend that much more than Wigan, so why would we have better players? The reason we have them now is because Moyes bought them. When Moyes goes, there's no guarantee that those better players will stay.

I dont know if i could handle martinez buying a paraquarian right back or a guatemalan goalkeeper or a haitian central midfield player from cocacola.

he's signed some right crap. just think he likes spanish speaking players. bad for the dressing room and totally contrary with evertons style. he wouldn't know what to do with felliani.

Do you not know the difference in stature of Everton over Wigan? Have you ever heard of highest earners and wage bills?

I'd shoot myself.

We could do worse than Houghton to be fair, the rest I'd shoot myself.

Seriously, you not a fan of Adkins then?. I think Di Canio is forging quite a good rep in the lower leagues for himself, and i thought Zola was ok at West Ham and is doing the business at Watford considering they made a hell of a lot of signings last summer, he's got em gelled and playing well!.

We all know about Martinez but with better players i think he'd do better and get us going.

But Houghton is a good manager, it's no coincidence that the other teams he's managed are struggling now. He's got Norwich doing considerably well in there second season in the top flight.

Seriously, you not a fan of Adkins then?. I think Di Canio is forging quite a good rep in the lower leagues for himself, and i thought Zola was ok at West Ham and is doing the business at Watford considering they made a hell of a lot of signings last summer, he's got em gelled and playing well!.

Di Canio could be the next mourinho, I still wouldn't want that nutter at my club.

Zola had a very poor second season at west ham. Jury is still out for me.

Adkins, I'm not convinced by to be honest. Might be worth a gamble but I'm not sure.

Di Canio could be the next mourinho, I still wouldn't want that nutter at my club.

Zola had a very poor second season at west ham. Jury is still out for me.

Adkins, I'm not convinced by to be honest. Might be worth a gamble but I'm not sure.

Haha Di Canio would be worth the admission fee alone at games to see him on the touchline, he's fcuked is that bloke!. But he's doing well though.

I think the way football is going, the way teams are trying to play, suits Zola's style, hence why Watford with all those imports are doing pretty good, but i like what i see there, there playing some good stuff now.

And ive always rated Adkins, even from his Scunny days, and to think he was the physio there ay?!. Did really well there under the circumstances and then went to Saints and did just as brilliantly and i think he was just getting them going after finding it tough to adjust to premier league life. For me though, he tries to play the right way, always positive when you hear him speak, will play youngsters and blood em and with us not having much money and maybe having to sell a star or 2, it might take us having to do just a thing and play some young ens and rebuild again?!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back