Moyes leaves in the summer; british or foreign manager? prem exp or lower leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From current Premier League managers (and feasible), I'd take Martinez or Laudrup at Everton, although I'd err towards Martinez.

He handles himself well in interviews and reminds me a lot of Moyes in the way he addresses the press. Plus, I must say he's tactically astute. He's both pro-active and re-active when it comes to making tactical switches and his experimentation with the 5-3-1-1 and the 3-4-3 formations has been a joy to watch from a tactics-obsessed fan like myself. The point has been made already that he would certainly perform better and accumulate more points with a better standard of playing squad. Think of a Martinez Everton side:

----------------Howard----------------

---Heitinga---Jagielka---Distin-------

Mirallas---Gibson--Fellaini----Baines

-----------Osman---Pienaar----------

----------------Jelavic-----------------

I like his record in the transfer market too; and I disagree with the poster above who mentioned the Central American players. This is undoubtedly the scouting network of Wigan Athletic rather than Roberto Martinez.

Martinez and Laudrup are popular choices....and I'd be ok with either, but of the premier league managers that would be realistic I'd quite like Jol - I think he always try's to play the right way.
Outrageous thought, but bearing in mind he's a multi- millionaire and cash isn't a motivator, and bearing in mind he loves the Prem and yet several Clubs wouldn't approach him....would there be a teeny weeny weeny chance that The Special One would take on the project......to be outlandish and create a stir, but also as he knows it's a 'real' football club?

No, I thought not.....but just imagine......

I'd take Laudrup if Moyes left.

Seconded. Can't quite put my finger on why I prefer him over Martinez.... perhaps it's the idea that he has already coached on the continent with some success, or that he was one of the best players ever, or that his signings at Swansea have been very successful on limited outlay. He also comes across very well in the media.

Don't think he'll leave just yet, regardless of the contract situation.
Think our job is attractive wage with the job security but do we want to attract a well known manager just for the wage, it'll be a lower league manager, preferably someone who is used to working on a tight budget

If someone does come in for moyes and he goes , anyone coming in will have to play the game with the board and get straight into bed with kenwright , nothing will change on that side of things. The phoney PR friendship is probably written into the contract now so nobody Could ever be called out. I would like to think bill has moved on from wanting megson , reckon he would opt for neville myself

Moyes would silly to leave. I can see him signing a one to two year contract. We should get some sky money next season and the inevitable sale of fellaini in the summer. If he doesn't sign the next manager would have some funds to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back