Moyes: No more money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't say I'm surprised by that admission but it is a sad state of affairs. A free transfer from the 2nd tier of English football, a kid from the 2nd tier of French football and a kid from the 2nd tier of Portuguese football. After that a club with apparent ambitions of qualifying for the Champions League says it's expended all of it's funds?
All of our players best be staying put now, keep hold of everyone in the squad and perhaps bring in Donovan on loan again and we'll really have a chance of thriving this year (with a bit of luck) but only under those circumstances.

Can't say I'm surprised by that admission but it is a sad state of affairs. A free transfer from the 2nd tier of English football, a kid from the 2nd tier of French football and a kid from the 2nd tier of Portuguese football. After that a club with apparent ambitions of qualifying for the Champions League says it's expended all of it's funds?
All of our players best be staying put now, keep hold of everyone in the squad and perhaps bring in Donovan on loan again and we'll really have a chance of thriving this year (with a bit of luck) but only under those circumstances.

that's reading a book by it's cover, these players are all probably very talented and just need the right coachin from Moyes to realise their full potential

To be honest, I always listen to what Moyes says while the transfer market is open with one ear rather than two. He usually says things for a reason, maybe he's looking to not be taken for a ride by any club he tries to deal with because they think he has money to spunk on their players.

So humanity was living in the Dark Ages until the turn of the 21st century? How can something widely regarded as immoral and aberrant suddenly become laudable and good? Social engineering, that's how.

It's called societal progress. Most people don't consider women property any more either. Shocking, I know.

Agreed in that it shouldn't matter, no problem whatsoever, etc.

But still interesting story. Usually not into the gossip/tabloid-esque stories but I for one am interested to hear which players they are. Yes we've evolved to the point where it's infinitely more accepted from a general standpoint in society. But we have yet to see many high profile gay (particularly male) athletes openly come out.

So from that standpoint, I'd be interested to hear which players, & whether any go public w/ it.

I hope Ozil's gay, i'm sure he would jump at the chance to wear our away kit... wait no i forgot gays usually have good fashion sense

anyways as for the money, i don't think Moyes could come out and say he's signed everyone he wants cos he wants to keep some pressure on Kenwright to provide as much money as he can out of him. And besides, if we lose noone and get a little bit of luck with injuries, plus from the description of the match rodwell sounds ready to make the step up, i think we could have a very dangerous team.

Status
Not open for further replies.