Moyes: No more money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tah-Dah !!!

There is money (not alot but some), its just if Moyes feels it justifies the risk spending it now or waiting to later adding that to other money on players he actually wants and are available at a better price.

We always get under the radar anyway by buying young and cheaper, and building these players up. Abit like Germany did this world cup... but what we do.

The UK's in 5.2 trillion pounds of debt. The parties over fellas and lunacy in football.

And couldn't give a **** if Ozil's gay or not. a. he's not an Everton player. b. thats his personal life and c. he's not exactly forcing it down my throat.

each to their own.

Everton boss David Moyes said the cash strapped club are unlikely to sign any more new players before the end of the transfer window.

Speaking after Everton's 2-0 victory against new A-League franchise Melbourne Heart - the Blues second consecutive victory on their three-match pre-season tour of Australia - Moyes confirmed his transfer business is over.

He has brought in former Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford on a free, French youth international Magaye Gueye and Portugese striker Joao Silva.

"There's no cash to sign any more players for the club for the time being so it's unlikely we will be bringing in any more new faces before the new season starts in August," Moyes said.

"But I feel we've got enough firepower up-front now with Jermaine Beckford adding to the competition we have for places and also providing the back-up we needed after last season."

Moyes believes he now has a stronger squad that at any stage since his arrival at Goodison Park in 2002.

England youth international midfielder Jack Rodwell is another young player Moyes expects will lift Everton to new heights in the future.

"It is the strongest squad I've ever had and it's not a coincidence," Moyes explained.

"Young people in whatever field they are involved in should be given a chance and there are not enough homegrown players in the Premier League."

The coincidence is all down to Moyes. Its taken 7 years to assemble our squad. 7 hard years of graft.

So whilst other clubs start struggling now for cash, it's business as usual for us.

**** EM ALL ! We're Everton.

Last edited:

Think we will get two loans before the start of the season a LB and hoepfully someone of Pienaar potential for the right flank, leaving one for Landon in Jan.

Its prob the sensible, but not the most exciteing thing for the club.

Could well be right . Right about Landy , for sure .

Double this.
We always cry poverty and then do a 15million deal on the last day! ALWAYS!

This is why I said we've got some money. Even tho SOURCE denies this.

As soon as you say "we've got money" - the price always goes up 25% in negotiations lids. Even before they start.

"YEP WE'RE TOTALLY SKINT LADS, SORRY!" ;)

I thought we'd have a few million rattling around somehwere for a right winger and back up left back but I guess that the increased wage bill and payments for Bily, Heit etc have caught up with us. Not good.

Wonder how long Moyes will be with us before he decideds he's had enough and cant do more for us without more cash. Just hope we can get a true Evertonian Billonaire to buy us out.

You just know the proposal is going to be Arteta for Ireland/Bellamy and possibly *some random City defender*, don't you? Except they'll spit at coming to us because we can't afford 1/3 of their current wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.