6. Heitinga £6.2m- Hit
7. Beattie £6m- Miss
8. Kroldrup £5.9m- Miss
9. Lescott £5.7m- Hit
10. Distin £5.5m- Hit
11. Jelavic £5.5m- Hit
12. Davies £4.6m- Miss
13. Yobo £4.4m- Miss

7 Misses/6 Hits, but only 1 hit in the top 4. If you took Heitinga's form before last season he would have been a Miss too. Moyes buys better when he has £1.5m-£2.5m to spend (Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Martyn, Bent, Kilbane, Valente and Jacobsen) than when he has a warchest.

1. Fellaini £15m- Hit
2. Yakubu £12.5m- Miss
3. Johnson £9.6m- Miss
4. Bilyaletdinov £8.8m- Miss
5. Baines £6.6m- Hit
6. Heitinga £6.2m- Hit
7. Beattie £6m- Miss
8. Kroldrup £5.9m- Miss
9. Lescott £5.7m- Hit
10. Distin £5.5m- Hit
11. Jelavic £5.5m- Hit
12. Davies £4.6m- Miss
13. Yobo £4.4m- Miss

7 Misses/6 Hits, but only 1 hit in the top 4. If you took Heitinga's form before last season he would have been a Miss too. Moyes buys better when he has £1.5m-£2.5m to spend (Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Martyn, Bent, Kilbane, Valente and Jacobsen) than when he has a warchest.
We sold Johnson for a profit and he was a decent player for us. How's that a miss?

I wouldn't call Yobo a miss either. He was good for us for a long time.

Its subjective.

You say Yakubu was a miss and yet he scored more goals in his 1st Season than any Everton player since Lineker.
You say AJ was a miss, he scored some important goals and was sold at a profit.

And please, stop saying Heitinga was a miss, he was played at RB and DM, hes neither of these naturally, he excelled at CB.

His five most expensive signings:

1. Fellaini £15m
2. Yakubu £11m
3. Bilyaletdinov £10m
4. Johnson £8m
5. Heitinga Beattie Baines £6m each

1. Fellaini was a massive gamble. Imagine if it hadn't worked.
2. It still irks me that we practically gave Yakubu away and he went on to be one of the league's top scorers for a relegated side.
3. It's hard to fathom Moyes' thinking in spending so much on Bily, when he was never going to drop Pienaar from the left.
4. We did very well to make a profit on Johnson.
5. If we'd sold Heitinga at a loss last summer would anyone have been surprised?

Have we lost something like £15m on those deals? The players who have been hits have undoubtedly improved but, given that we sold Arteta for £10m, would we now accept £15m for Fellaini, £6m for Baines and £6m for Heitinga? I wouldn't put it past the club.

1. Fellaini was a massive gamble. Imagine if it hadn't worked.
2. It still irks me that we practically gave Yakubu away and he went on to be one of the league's top scorers for a relegated side.
3. It's hard to fathom Moyes' thinking in spending so much on Bily, when he was never going to drop Pienaar from the left.
4. We did very well to make a profit on Johnson.
5. If we'd sold Heitinga at a loss last summer would anyone have been surprised?

Have we lost something like £15m on those deals? The players who have been hits have undoubtedly improved but, given that we sold Arteta for £10m, would we now accept £15m for Fellaini, £6m for Baines and £6m for Heitinga? I wouldn't put it past the club.
Lol. But it did.

We sold Johnson for a profit and he was a decent player for us. How's that a miss?

I wouldn't call Yobo a miss either. He was good for us for a long time.

Moyes paid a lot of money for Johnson. He didn't then decide to sell him because he could make a profit, it was because the manager thought we could do better and he was surplus to requirements. And it would be hard to justify someone who has been on our wage bill for the last two years but hasn't played for us as a success.

Moyes paid a lot of money for Johnson. He didn't then decide to sell him because he could make a profit, it was because the manager thought we could do better and he was surplus to requirements. And it would be hard to justify someone who has been on our wage bill for the last two years but hasn't played for us as a success.

Either way we sold him for a profit. If someone wants to give me a chocolate bar I don't care whether it's because they don't like the caramel or the biscuit. Same outcome. And Yobo hasn't been on our wage bill, he's been on Fenerbache.

1. Fellaini £15m- Hit
2. Yakubu £12.5m- Miss
3. Johnson £9.6m- Miss
5. Baines £6.6m- Hit
6. Heitinga £6.2m- Hit
7. Beattie £6m- Miss
8. Kroldrup £5.9m- Miss
9. Lescott £5.7m- Hit
10. Distin £5.5m- Hit
11. Jelavic £5.5m- Hit
12. Davies £4.6m- Miss
13. Yobo £4.4m- Miss

1. Fellaini £15m- Hit
2. Yakubu £12.5m- Hit before injury bought for 11mil + not 12.5....
3. Johnson £9.6m- Hit and sold for a profit and 8.6mil wasn't he ?
5. Baines £6.6m- Hit
6. Heitinga £6.2m- Hit
7. Beattie £6m- Miss
8. Kroldrup £5.9m- Miss -- disaster
9. Lescott £5.7m- Hit
10. Distin £5.5m- Hit
11. Jelavic £5.5m- Hit
12. Davies £4.6m- Miss -- bought for 3mil
13. Yobo £4.4m- Miss -- Hit and bought for 3.5mil.

Not too bad at all.

Either way we sold him for a profit. If someone wants to give me a chocolate bar I don't care whether it's because they don't like the caramel or the biscuit. Same outcome. And Yobo hasn't been on our wage bill, he's been on Galatasaray's

Fenerbahce mate.

Its subjective.

You say Yakubu was a miss and yet he scored more goals in his 1st Season than any Everton player since Lineker.
You say AJ was a miss, he scored some important goals and was sold at a profit.

And please, stop saying Heitinga was a miss, he was played at RB and DM, hes neither of these naturally, he excelled at CB.

This.

1. Fellaini £15m- Hit
2. Yakubu £12.5m- Hit before injury bought for 11mil + not 12.5....
3. Johnson £9.6m- Hit and sold for a profit and 8.6mil wasn't he ?
5. Baines £6.6m- Hit
6. Heitinga £6.2m- Hit
7. Beattie £6m- Miss
8. Kroldrup £5.9m- Miss -- disaster
9. Lescott £5.7m- Hit
10. Distin £5.5m- Hit
11. Jelavic £5.5m- Hit
12. Davies £4.6m- Miss -- bought for 3mil
13. Yobo £4.4m- Miss -- Hit and bought for 3.5mil.

Not too bad at all.

But how many of them have you smashed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back