Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I shall be honest and say I am not an Everton fan as such but have been following the betting and watching the odds change with great interest.

My observations, thoughts are that if Everton were to appoint within they would have done so by now. My reasoning for this is. I would assume UTD would have asked for permission to talk to Moyes about the job at least a couple of weeks before it was announced. This would have given them ample oppatunity to announce Moyes successor before the end of the season.

I think if martinez was your man he would have been unveild as the new manager on monday.

I beleive Kenwright and co know who their man is. Why has he not been rolled out as the new gaffer ? Thats an easy one for me, whoever it is still has buisness to settle at his present club ie the season isnt over yet. Could be a manager from the continent, but I dont really think that will happen.

Conclusion

The one name that has consistantly been close to the top of the bookmakers odds and not gone away is neil lennon. As far as I am aware neither Celtic or Lennon have come out and said he will definatly be there next season. Celtic play in the Scottish cup final this weekend and I wouldnt be at all suprised to hear Lennon has been appointed early next week.

I may be way off the mark but at 7/1 I think it is well worth a punt. Good luck for the new season.

Save your money mate.... Lennon will not be our new manager...if he is I will deffo remove myself from this forum.

HDBglE1.jpg

Wouldnt surprise me if Martinez went to Stoke. Bill could of belled Martinez last week when they got relegated a got it sorted. **** off Bill.
If anyone is appointed internally then ill find it really hard to drag myself to Goodison Park every other week.

The one name that has consistantly been close to the top of the bookmakers odds and not gone away is neil lennon. As far as I am aware neither Celtic or Lennon have come out and said he will definatly be there next season. Celtic play in the Scottish cup final this weekend and I wouldnt be at all suprised to hear Lennon has been appointed early next week.

Lennon is a big headed classless ****, we don't do his kind at Everton.

Take a look at all our past managers.

He just seems to be a media favorite at the moment.

Hi all, I shall be honest and say I am not an Everton fan as such but have been following the betting and watching the odds change with great interest.

My observations, thoughts are that if Everton were to appoint within they would have done so by now. My reasoning for this is. I would assume UTD would have asked for permission to talk to Moyes about the job at least a couple of weeks before it was announced. This would have given them ample oppatunity to announce Moyes successor before the end of the season.

I think if martinez was your man he would have been unveild as the new manager on monday.

I beleive Kenwright and co know who their man is. Why has he not been rolled out as the new gaffer ? Thats an easy one for me, whoever it is still has buisness to settle at his present club ie the season isnt over yet. Could be a manager from the continent, but I dont really think that will happen.

Conclusion

I may be way off the mark but at 7/1 I think it is well worth a punt. Good luck for the new season.

I can see your point, however, I don't think Martinez thought about the future before Wigan got relegated. So he can still be in talks with Whelan and Kenwright about his future. Porto didn't win there leauge before this Sunday. So Vito can also need a couple of days to think about his future. It's a big move to go to England.

I think you are right to belive that an internal apointment would have been presented already or at latest, this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back