Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say it, but the RS were the best in Europe and appointed Dalglish as player manager (no reason they should) and got better.
Dalglish was a hero at the rs, they loved him, we don't have the same feelings for the likes of Phil Neville.

Hi all, I shall be honest and say I am not an Everton fan as such but have been following the betting and watching the odds change with great interest.

My observations, thoughts are that if Everton were to appoint within they would have done so by now. My reasoning for this is. I would assume UTD would have asked for permission to talk to Moyes about the job at least a couple of weeks before it was announced. This would have given them ample oppatunity to announce Moyes successor before the end of the season.

I think if martinez was your man he would have been unveild as the new manager on monday.

I beleive Kenwright and co know who their man is. Why has he not been rolled out as the new gaffer ? Thats an easy one for me, whoever it is still has buisness to settle at his present club ie the season isnt over yet. Could be a manager from the continent, but I dont really think that will happen.

Conclusion

The one name that has consistantly been close to the top of the bookmakers odds and not gone away is neil lennon. As far as I am aware neither Celtic or Lennon have come out and said he will definatly be there next season. Celtic play in the Scottish cup final this weekend and I wouldnt be at all suprised to hear Lennon has been appointed early next week.

I may be way off the mark but at 7/1 I think it is well worth a punt. Good luck for the new season.

Hi all, I shall be honest and say I am not an Everton fan as such but have been following the betting and watching the odds change with great interest.

My observations, thoughts are that if Everton were to appoint within they would have done so by now. My reasoning for this is. I would assume UTD would have asked for permission to talk to Moyes about the job at least a couple of weeks before it was announced. This would have given them ample oppatunity to announce Moyes successor before the end of the season.

I think if martinez was your man he would have been unveild as the new manager on monday.

I beleive Kenwright and co know who their man is. Why has he not been rolled out as the new gaffer ? Thats an easy one for me, whoever it is still has buisness to settle at his present club ie the season isnt over yet. Could be a manager from the continent, but I dont really think that will happen.

Conclusion

The one name that has consistantly been close to the top of the bookmakers odds and not gone away is neil lennon. As far as I am aware neither Celtic or Lennon have come out and said he will definatly be there next season. Celtic play in the Scottish cup final this weekend and I wouldnt be at all suprised to hear Lennon has been appointed early next week.

I may be way off the mark but at 7/1 I think it is well worth a punt. Good luck for the new season.

Dips on the blue one.

Domestos-24h.jpg

This.

They can all **** off. The cheek of them even throwing their hat into the ring.

I'm disgusted that so many Evertonians are even entertaining the thought of the likes of Neville, Stubbs, Weir, Ferguson or the like becoming our next manager.

Kenwright will outdo himself here.

Yup. And it seems none of the media are too arsed about it either.

There would be a **** storm if it were Arsenal, City, Spurs, etc

So, lets just get this straight. The two favourites for the Stoke job are the current European Cup and Europa League winning managers, and the two favourites for the Everton job are a guy who has just been relegated and Alan Stubbs.
Have i been in a coma?

#realitycheck

Please be Vitor Pereira. Quite honestly, he has been the best name that's been linked. The fact he looks like some Portuguese stud and can probably do the tango is an added bonus. In all seriousness, looking at some of the football we've played this season there are snippets of porto like play

They loved him, he was one of their best players ever and already had the respect from players and fans from all over the world, that the first battle won.

They didn't love him when he ****ed off when the stick started to fly on his first stint as manager but as usual all that gets lost and history is rewritten about King Kenny.

Please be Vitor Pereira. Quite honestly, he has been the best name that's been linked. The fact he looks like some Portuguese stud and can probably do the tango is an added bonus. In all seriousness, looking at some of the football we've played this season there are snippets of porto like play

Brilliant...Listen to this guy.

Bill this is who we want, go get hom you feckin gobshoite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back