Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Offer me an alternative with a better track record and I'd take a look, but he is simply the best option out there. His eye for young talent is also pretty good, he spotted ebanks-blake at a young age and shaped him into a pretty decent goal scorer.
He probably is decent in the transfer market but being decent in the transfer market doesn't necessarily mean you're a good manager.

Martinez nails it for me, a positive manager who plays positive tactics, even with a crap team. Look at the way he walloped us 3-0 the other week, he got his tactics spot on.

Mick McCarthy is awful. He won 25% of premier league games with Wolves and 5% with Sunderland.

But that's because he wasn't given time mate, he brought up a pretty average Sunderland side with huge points and wasn't allowed to add to the squad due to financial restrictions, so he never really stood a chance, although he still had a might good go at it.

Name me another manager that has won more than 25% of their games with Wolves in the premiership? That's a pretty decent percentage in the toughest league in the world. Imagine what he could do with a squad of our quality.

He probably is decent in the transfer market but being decent in the transfer market doesn't necessarily mean you're a good manager.

Martinez nails it for me, a positive manager who plays positive tactics, even with a crap team. Look at the way he walloped us 3-0 the other week, he got his tactics spot on.

I realise what you're saying mate, but being good in the transfer market isn't all I'm saying he is good at. He has the ability to spot a player like Moyes, but unlike Moyes he isn't afraid to then give the guy a chance to forge a career in the top flight. If you look round the premiership there's a fair few players that have been signed by him from lower leagues and are now flourishing. Don't just take my word for it mate, look at the stats and his history of signings, top stuff, it really is.

mick-mccarthy.gif

I realise what you're saying mate, but being good in the transfer market isn't all I'm saying he is good at. He has the ability to spot a player like Moyes, but unlike Moyes he isn't afraid to then give the guy a chance to forge a career in the top flight. If you look round the premiership there's a fair few players that have been signed by him from lower leagues and are now flourishing. Don't just take my word for it mate, look at the stats and his history of signings, top stuff, it really is.
The best alternative would be to have Martinez as manager and McCarthy as assistant.

TC - we need a manager who refers to himself in the third person and you can never be sure if he's talking about himself or a cartoon character!

The best alternative would be to have Martinez as manager and McCarthy as assistant.

I think McCarthy could probably teach Martinez a bit, don't you? He's managed some big egos at international level so he won't be intimidated coming to a big club like Everton. He'll also knock anyone not pulling their weight into touch, I just think he's ideal for where we're at right now mate.

But that's because he wasn't given time mate, he brought up a pretty average Sunderland side with huge points and wasn't allowed to add to the squad due to financial restrictions, so he never really stood a chance, although he still had a might good go at it.

Name me another manager that has won more than 25% of their games with Wolves in the premiership? That's a pretty decent percentage in the toughest league in the world. Imagine what he could do with a squad of our quality.

I just don't rate him, we've got an ageing squad, who will all need replacing on a tight budget - could he do it? I personally don't think so.

Wolves are a pretty dire team too, so maybe you're right about them, however I'd say his Premier League experience doesn't really hold him in good stead, He has experience of getting beat. how good was the team Moyes inherited? Yes better than the Wolves team, but it wasn't a great squad. and needed changing.

Gary Speed's name should be being banded about, however fate has sadly put paid to that one.

How would people feel about Slaven Bilic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back