Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think McCarthy could probably teach Martinez a bit, don't you? He's managed some big egos at international level so he won't be intimidated coming to a big club like Everton. He'll also knock anyone not pulling their weight into touch, I just think he's ideal for where we're at right now mate.
But do you really think he'd get along with Kenwright like Moyes does? To come to Everton with a lack of transfer funds and a strict transfer policy is a big ask, it really is. That's the thing that worries me when we look for a new manager.

But do you really think he'd get along with Kenwright like Moyes does? To come to Everton with a lack of transfer funds and a strict transfer policy is a big ask, it really is. That's the thing that worries me when we look for a new manager.

I honestly think he'd be fine mate, he has experienced clubs where finances were tight before and that works in our favour, he'll know what to expect from varying press reports about our financial state and I think he can manage that without to many issues. I struggle to believe that Martinez could do a similar job, he's not able to spend big money at Wigan but he does pretty much have the run of the place, McCarthy could be a real boost for us and wouldn't be ridiculous on wages either.

I honestly think he'd be fine mate, he has experienced clubs where finances were tight before and that works in our favour, he'll know what to expect from varying press reports about our financial state and I think he can manage that without to many issues. I struggle to believe that Martinez could do a similar job, he's not able to spend big money at Wigan but he does pretty much have the run of the place, McCarthy could be a real boost for us and wouldn't be ridiculous on wages either.
Interesting and difficult choices when it comes to picking a new manager. Different managers having positives and negatives.

I'd be happy with any manager that does well in the transfer market, positive with their tactics and don't bottle Anfield derbies.

Interesting and difficult choices when it comes to picking a new manager. Different managers having positives and negatives.

I'd be happy with any manager that does well in the transfer market, positive with their tactics and don't bottle Anfield derbies.

Roberto Martinez it is then

McCarthy is the best of both worlds, he puts together steely squads but also teams that play with a bit of flair, and he doesn't get enough credit for that. I think a team managed by him would stand a better chance at Anfield than Moyes ever has if I'm brutally honest.

Is this some kind of SICK JOKE?

No mate. He's a former player who is gaining some good managerial experience. He's young, but not naive.

I'd prefer Moyes to stay, but we could probably do a lot worse. He'd be better than Neil Lennon in my reckoning.

McCarthy is the best of both worlds, he puts together steely squads but also teams that play with a bit of flair, and he doesn't get enough credit for that. I think a team managed by him would stand a better chance at Anfield than Moyes ever has if I'm brutally honest.
He has won at Anfield before like.

Moyes has never won at any of the 'traditional' top 4 grounds which says it all about his constant negative tactics really.

No mate. He's a former player who is gaining some good managerial experience. He's young, but not naive.

I'd prefer Moyes to stay, but we could probably do a lot worse. He'd be better than Neil Lennon in my reckoning.

You're having a real problem there with your grammar mate. Particularly your use of tense.

He has won at Anfield before like.

Moyes has never won at any of the 'traditional' top 4 grounds which says it all about his constant negative tactics really.

Exactly, he's got more pedigree at beating top 4 teams than our current manager, he's not a bottler, and because he isn't one of the media darlings it means he's fairly underrated sometimes, but he could definitely do a good job for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back