Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about, and only hyperthetically of course, Mr Mourinho fancied a challenge?

I'm just testing the water with him. Is there anyone you'd have over Moyes?

I think this thread has really shown with some of the bloody ****e names, that losing Moyes is crazy risky.

I know I keep repeating myself but if he stays because wants to stay then ok but if he stays because nobody else wants him then that could easily be a recipe for disaster .

What about, and only hyperthetically of course, Mr Mourinho fancied a challenge?

I'm just testing the water with him. Is there anyone you'd have over Moyes?

I think this thread has really shown with some of the bloody ****e names, that losing Moyes is crazy risky.

Top 4 Managers in the World today.

1. SAF
2. Jose
3. Moyes
4. Owen Coyle

I suppose its a worry but Two years ago mate that wasn't far from the perception , you'd be staggered at the interest in coyle and he's struggling to get arrested now .

I know I keep repeating myself but if he stays because wants to stay then ok but if he stays because nobody else wants him then that could easily be a recipe for disaster .

Could be. Could well be.

I think my positive mind takes over sometimes and thinks that a new guy might do better with what we have. Probably not though if we're all honest.

I suppose its a worry but Two years ago mate that wasn't far from the perception , you'd be staggered at the interest in coyle and he's struggling to get arrested now .

Im aware of the stock Coyle had, it was the same high stock Hollaway had, Curbsishley also and is the same stock that the likes of Laudrup and Martinez have now.

Its based on nothing but flash in the pan Managers who hit purple patches, but underneath it all they are terrible Managers.

Im aware of the stock Coyle had, it was the same high stock Hollaway had, Curbsishley also and is the same stock that the likes of Laudrup and Martinez have now.

Its based on nothing but flash in the pan Managers who hit purple patches, but underneath it all they are terrible Managers.

True enough . It's one of my stock phrases mate but its all about timing , if coyle had left for spurs/liverpool/arsenal all of whom sniffed around him he might have been in the top 4 and look the best around . Whereas if moyes had got preston up he might have been sacked the next year and be at Southend now and followed the same path if we'd fired him after that struggle season.

Derek Mcinnes saved Bristol city and was rated as I've not heard a manager for years , he was 'amazing ' & 12 months later he's out of a job .

It's crazy just how finely poised it all is .

True enough . It's one of my stock phrases mate but its all about timing , if coyle had left for spurs/liverpool/arsenal all of whom sniffed around him he might have been in the top 4 and look the best around . Whereas if moyes had got preston up he might have been sacked the next year and be at Southend now and followed the same path if we'd fired him after that struggle season.

Derek Mcinnes saved Bristol city and was rated as I've not heard a manager for years , he was 'amazing ' & 12 months later he's out of a job .

It's crazy just how finely poised it all is .
That doesn't bode well for us if we have to dip into the managers market this summer.

board is absolutely terrified, they dont want Moyes to leave. Moyes is a shield.
I tend to think Moyes is forcing board to act/ to provide funds/ push the club forward.
He holds all the cards. Situation is tricky cause Moyes and BK are close friends. If Moyes wants to leave, im sure he does everything possible to make things go smooth and maybe help club to choose the best possible manager too.
yeah i know, im mister gullible

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been recommended to us by SAF if Moyes leaves according to a close friend at Deloitte with strong contacts at both clubs. He'd be high risk/high reward type but we'd get a TON of media coverage and Bill would love that.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been recommended to us by SAF if Moyes leaves according to a close friend at Deloitte with strong contacts at both clubs. He'd be high risk/high reward type but we'd get a TON of media coverage and Bill would love that.
I think he'd be a far better option than some of the others being mentioned. He's certainly more attacking than Moyes.

Maybe bring him in to work alongside McCarthy as assistant and see how it goes?

i think Solskjaer is ridiculous option. what the hell has he done like really, he is a coach in norway. cmoon. SAF only speaks of him cause he was super sub for gods sake.

this really is laudrups fault, he started this ridiculous trend of young witty managers with their fancy shoes and coats.

Last edited:

I'm not saying you or your mate are wrong mate but somebody who should know doesn't think he'd make the list , you'll notice I've bigged solkjaer up in the thread as well but somebody well placed around solkjaer thinks that wouldn't be the case. To be fair if moyes was appointing and SAF recommended him then solkjaer would be a shoe in

I'm not saying you or your mate are wrong mate but somebody who should know doesn't think he'd make the list , you'll notice I've bigged solkjaer up in the thread as well but somebody well placed around solkjaer thinks that wouldn't be the case. To be fair if moyes was appointing and SAF recommended him then solkjaer would be a shoe in

Do you think if he leaves Moyesy will pretty much pick the next manager mate?

i think Solskjaer is ridiculous option. what the hell has he done like really, he is a coach in norway. cmoon. SAF only speaks of him cause he was super sub for gods sake.

this really is laudrups fault, he started this ridiculous trend of youg witty managers with their fancy shoes coats.

Probably done as much as Moyes if not more before Moyes came to us mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back